Geo Filter , cpu usage

mountainping

curious, does the geo filter use more router cpu power when its opened in a browser? or is it generally "always" running regardless if you have it opened in a window or not? 

just asking to see if it can reduce cpu load by not having the GUI/Geo filter open to view 24/7 type of thing, 

You don’t have to keep the GUI open, its personal preference, there are a lot of people here who ‘set and forget’ while gaming but there are also many users who like to keep an eye on it during games. Just be sure to enable it before you search for a game and disable it once you finish gaming. I think we’ve all forgot to enable the geo filter at some point and then wondered why our games were rubbish until we realised that the geo filter was off :)

You don’t have to keep the GUI open, its personal preference, there are a lot of people here who ‘set and forget’ while gaming but there are also many users who like to keep an eye on it during games. Just be sure to enable it before you search for a game and disable it once you finish gaming. I think we’ve all forgot to enable the geo filter at some point and then wondered why our games were rubbish until we realised that the geo filter was off :)

What would be the reason behind disabling the Geo-Filter when you finish gaming? I've just always left mine enabled, so I'm curious. 

What would be the reason behind disabling the Geo-Filter when you finish gaming? I've just always left mine enabled, so I'm curious.

Having the geo filter enabled while booting up your console and game can sometimes lead to your NAT showing as moderate or strict. I always enable the geo after just before searching for a match.

• Administrators

curious, does the geo filter use more router cpu power when its opened in a browser? or is it generally "always" running regardless if you have it opened in a window or not? 

just asking to see if it can reduce cpu load by not having the GUI/Geo filter open to view 24/7 type of thing, 

If it's enabled then it will always be running regardless of if you have it open in a browser or not. 

I suppose it makes sense that it would use less power without it open as it doesn't have to draw everything that is happening. 

• Administrators

if Auto ping host enabled and browser closed, it will not Auto ping. at least it didn't in my testing

How would you know if the browser is closed? Why would it matter because you wouldn't see the ping as the browser was closed, kinda confused on this one!

to answer ill use your post

If it's enabled then it will always be running regardless of if you have it open in a browser or not. 

if auto ping is enabled and  browser closed(or not pointing at host filtering) then auto ping does not run. from my testing

i guess it matters to original poster  as now he knows that certain things do not run while not pointed at host filtering, i guess less things running - less CPU