need help with bufferbloat/hit detection

Jettman

hey everyone in the forum i was just wondering if anyone would team view with because i'm trying to get really good hit detection for cod. i heard from A7 legit that i need to read up on queue length management , buffer bloat and the various algorithms. i have no clue what hes talking about but i know the basics. if you look at his hit detection it is smooth as butter. i've done dsl reports over and over, doesent seem to really help. i have a netgear nighthawk d7000 then my netduma plugged in with only its wifi on. i get 10-11 ms, 94 down and 34 up. cat6a ethenet cables i think. i really dont know what to do anymore and im getting angry and sad :( cause i know i should be melting. if anyone can do a team viewer and can help my problems please reply cheers!

I know le feeling man. I get better hit detection when I'm not using the Duma for some stupid reason.

With the Duma I have next to no BB or jitter but the game doesn't seem to like my connection being this good lol.

Stupid game.

I can't find a way to make IW playable at all. Flat 7ms to my local server, settings optimised for my line, average 2ms or less bufferbloat with 97% sliders, using a BenQ monitor and 90% of the time I'm a deer in headlights apparently, while I'm snapping to people with near max sens and dying while using faster killing faster firing weapons before I can get even half the rounds I need on target out. Visibly and audibly delayed hitmarkers on 7ms, but I die inconceivably fast to slower killing weapons being wielded by potato circle drawing hexagon packet loss jittering WiFi scrubs. Most of the time aim assist is wonky, or stuck BEHIND my enemies.

The last smooth game I had where I didn't feel behind the action, and my speed/accuracy/setup felt like an advantage, was in February a day before patch 1.09 came out and stuffed me.

I watch people play IW on inferior connections, further from servers, or with jittery cable, and it looks like a different game... like the game I had in February which made my jaw drop because it was like playing Ghosts with the hit detection I saw. I'm on the verge of giving up because my experience should be better than most players', not worse. Le sigh.

I can't find a way to make IW playable at all. Flat 7ms to my local server, settings optimised for my line, average 2ms or less bufferbloat with 97% sliders, using a BenQ monitor and 90% of the time I'm a deer in headlights apparently, while I'm snapping to people with near max sens and dying while using faster killing faster firing weapons before I can get even half the rounds I need on target out. Visibly and audibly delayed hitmarkers on 7ms, but I die inconceivably fast to slower killing weapons being wielded by potato circle drawing hexagon packet loss jittering WiFi scrubs. Most of the time aim assist is wonky, or stuck BEHIND my enemies.

The last smooth game I had where I didn't feel behind the action, and my speed/accuracy/setup felt like an advantage, was in February a day before patch 1.09 came out and stuffed me.

I watch people play IW on inferior connections, further from servers, or with jittery cable, and it looks like a different game... like the game I had in February which made my jaw drop because it was like playing Ghosts with the hit detection I saw. I'm on the verge of giving up because my experience should be better than most players', not worse. Le sigh.

i dont really play iw, mostly bo3 and mwr

As a PC player in INFINITE WARFARE, I have done hours of testing, and concluded the following.

With the NETDUMA R1, the gameplay is smooth as silk.  There is little to NO lag, and overall the game is more enjoyable.. FOR A NON COMPETITIVE NOOB.

WITHOUT the R1, I get jitter, lag and UNBELIEVABLE hit detection.  It's like shooting fish in a barrel, if I can get past the frame lag.

Try the following fellas..

Turn ON Geo filter, No ping assist, 70/70%  Up and down settings, Hyper traffic for your device enabled, Turbo enabled, deep packets OFF.  Here's the trick:  Your filter MUST be

in such a range that you allow HIGHER ping servers/peers to join.  The close range just destroys your hit detection for some odd reason.  The sweet spot you find should eventually BALANCE your hits with your ping/lag.  I'm not sure why I get such shitty hit detection when I'm connected to a server that's less than 200 miles away (20ms) as compared to a server 800 miles away with a 80ms ping.  

To any of the DEVS:  I hope in the future there is discussion about software updates to include a per APPLICATION upload/download slider.  I also believe that IW detects my 120/12 speeds and "penalizes" me, so to speak, in terms of comparison fairness to lower speed/DSL players.

i dont really play iw, mostly bo3 and mwr

They don't work for me either lol. BO3 was depressing all year but at least it was obvious why (three bars flooding servers). IW seems to be attempting to hide the nonsense but it's worse than ever for the most part. Some games run flawlessly, I won't be able to work out what's different, and then it'll go back to lies even in the very same lobby

As a PC player in INFINITE WARFARE, I have done hours of testing, and concluded the following.

With the NETDUMA R1, the gameplay is smooth as silk. There is little to NO lag, and overall the game is more enjoyable.. FOR A NON COMPETITIVE NOOB.

WITHOUT the R1, I get jitter, lag and UNBELIEVABLE hit detection. It's like shooting fish in a barrel, if I can get past the frame lag.

Turn ON Geo filter, No ping assist, 70/70% Up and down settings, Hyper traffic for your device enabled, Turbo enabled, deep packets OFF. Here's the trick: Your filter MUST be

in such a range that you allow HIGHER ping servers/peers to join. The close range just destroys your hit detection for some odd reason. The sweet spot you find should eventually BALANCE your hits with your ping/lag. I'm not sure why I get such shitty hit detection when I'm connected to a server that's less than 200 miles away (20ms) as compared to a server 800 miles away with a 80ms ping.

To any of the DEVS: I hope in the future there is discussion about software updates to include a per APPLICATION upload/download slider. I also believe that IW detects my 120/12 speeds and "penalizes" me, so to speak, in terms of comparison fairness to lower speed/DSL players.

I can use a wider radius to cover all nine server locations in Europe (as far as the Russian server over 1000 miles away, to which I get 50ms~) and I'll still see the UK server (40 miles away, 7ms~) 95% of the time, maybe some Dutch server games (250 miles away, 12ms~) and a lot more player hosted games, which are worse than anything because IW only gives host to people dropping packets. I have NEVER seen hexagon icons on servers, but I've never NOT seen hexagons when it's player hosted. I've also never had host.

I've also tried using a range of bandwidth values from full to a few hundred kilobits and I've never found anything that makes an improvement. I've even tried A7Legit's BO3 trick where you find the speeds that give you A+ bufferbloat on DSLReports, input them in Set Bandwidth, and when the first game of the session loads move your sliders from 100% to 25%. Hasn't made a bit of difference. In fact it's using seriously low bandwidth that makes things worse because the game starts skipping, hit reg is worse and I'm way behind the action.

Sometimes servers further out (France, Germany, Poland) play better, but at times they're awful despite me pinging them in exactly the same time. I can set my filter over the UK only, over my three closest servers only, over other servers while avoiding the UK and Netherlands, over one specific distant server or even over the New Jersey server 3400 miles away. One game will play great and the next will be laggy... on any of those servers

With the NETDUMA R1, the gameplay is smooth as silk.  There is little to NO lag, and overall the game is more enjoyable.. FOR A NON COMPETITIVE NOOB.

WITHOUT the R1, I get jitter, lag and UNBELIEVABLE hit detection.  It's like shooting fish in a barrel, if I can get past the frame lag.

Turn ON Geo filter, No ping assist, 70/70%  Up and down settings, Hyper traffic for your device enabled, Turbo enabled, deep packets OFF.  Here's the trick:  Your filter MUST be

in such a range that you allow HIGHER ping servers/peers to join.  The close range just destroys your hit detection for some odd reason.  The sweet spot you find should eventually BALANCE your hits with your ping/lag.  I'm not sure why I get such shitty hit detection when I'm connected to a server that's less than 200 miles away (20ms) as compared to a server 800 miles away with a 80ms ping.  

To any of the DEVS:  I hope in the future there is discussion about software updates to include a per APPLICATION upload/download slider.  I also believe that IW detects my 120/12 speeds and "penalizes" me, so to speak, in terms of comparison fairness to lower speed/DSL players.

I have my geo set to 700km so I am allower higher pings than my local server... makes 0 difference.

I have NEVER seen hexagon icons on servers, but I've never NOT seen hexagons when it's player hosted. I've also never had host.

I see the packet loss symbols every match, regardless whether its on a dedi or p2p.

I see the packet loss symbols every match, regardless whether its on a dedi or p2p.

Well I see hexagons after a De-At goes off online. Not sure how that affects "packet loss" but yeah

Well I see hexagons after a De-At goes off online. Not sure how that affects "packet loss" but yeah funny thing is if I load up a custom game there'll be hexagons every time without fail.

Yeah, seen them in custom games against bots too which leads me to believe there is no actual packet loss at all.