BT infinity 1 problems

bagsta69

• Administrators

Hey bagsta, can you try this please: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_is_my_speed_lower

Make sure you do all the suggestions please. Although 1 is so low I'm suprised anything would restrict it that much. You sure you haven't unticked "share excess" on Device Prio or left your anti-flood low? 

Ok the silly old fart has got it sorted. :) However it may be worth my complete humiliation to stop somebody else having this issue.

I do speed tests a few times a day and set my bandwidth accordingly.

It would appear that this is wrong. Speed test with everything switched to 100% told me I was getting 1.2 up and 28 down so I set this in bandwidth settings.

I have just told it that I have 28 down and 5 up which speed test said I wasnt and I now have much better upload rate.

I am such a duffus.

I am on Virgin, and through the SH and R1 was getting 70+up and 20+ down.   so had reactive ticked and disabled the deep packet processing

Recently my speed tests have been getting a lot lot slower, especially at weekends today my speed was

3.89 down 0.12 up so I am also at a loss as to why this happens

if i was you i call your ISP as thats not right.

Hey bagsta, can you try this please: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_is_my_speed_lower

Make sure you do all the suggestions please. Although 1 is so low I'm suprised anything would restrict it that much. You sure you haven't unticked "share excess" on Device Prio or left your anti-flood low? 

Me and Zen did say :)

It was the speed test giving you a wrong reading from that one test :)

they are never fully correct if you get a low reading try others.

If your modem does not reboot your sync will stay the same until the modem is rebooted or there is a line fault making it resync , dont worry about it. with g.inp it should stay up for ages with no change :)

Thanks zennon, I do regular speed tests and adjust the bandwidth accordingly which would explain the steady decline. I have just tried telling the R1 what my line is capable of and kept testing lowering the figures till they settled

Always best to set them at your sync rate not a speed test rate and leave them until the day you reboot the modem, they will not fluctuate unless there is congestion and you should leave them be even if there is because it would quickly pass.

I set mine months ago and i have not had a modem reboot since so no reason to do tests or change the bandwidth in the CC :)

The speed tests could be underload at some times and give you a lower reading, just leave it and be happy haha

Archived