Lag compensation

BL4CK OPS V3TRN

firstly let me say I don't really understand the subject line ( technically ) but I think it goes something like this . The GEO/CC control work perfectly and both do what they should , however AW is still shitty with my 80/20 Fibre connection . I have been watching Sims videos I have been testing this week whenever I have been gaming and there is no doubt if I change my CC to 10/10 % my games are far smoother and more enjoyable . This is not placebo it clearly does work for me , soon as I go to the recommended 70/70 it's shitty again . There is definitely something in the code to cock up anybody with decent broadband

firstly let me say I don't really understand the subject line ( technically ) but I think it goes something like this . The GEO/CC control work perfectly and both do what they should , however AW is still shitty with my 80/20 Fibre connection . I have been watching Sims videos I have been testing this week whenever I have been gaming and there is no doubt if I change my CC to 10/10 % my games are far smoother and more enjoyable . This is not placebo it clearly does work for me , soon as I go to the recommended 70/70 it's shitty again . There is definitely something in the code to cock up anybody with decent broadband

Its because your upload is quite high so you will need to get down more than most, higher upload usually results in lag comp so you want to get it lower hence 10% for you.

In all my testing with throttling it make no difference.

The compensation is based on ping speed not bandwidth speed ? throttling your bandwidth does not raise your ping time.

You have a ping of 30ms the lobbys highest player has 100ms you get +70ms to match his.

Another player has a 40ms ping he is given + 60ms etc

When a player has bad jitter or a players brother is downloading while the lobby is checking players pings so hes is hitting 400ms while his brother is dling and then his brother goes to the kitchen for a drink the games starts and he then gets 300ms of compensation on every one "god mode" not because his bandwidth was low but because his pings were high when the game marked them.

This is why there is a glut of people flooding their bandwidth in the lobby and while the map loads to gain ms on everyone.

Throttling does not flood.

The games need to monitor and change lag comp on the fly or this will carry on.

Or they all need to buy a netduma :)

In all my testing with throttling it make no difference.

The compensation is based on ping speed not bandwidth speed ? throttling your bandwidth does not raise your ping time.

You have a ping of 30ms the lobbys highest player has 100ms you get +70ms to match his.

Another player has a 40ms ping he is given + 60ms etc

When a player has bad jitter or a players brother is downloading while the lobby is checking players pings so hes is hitting 400ms while his brother is dling and then his brother goes to the kitchen for a drink the games starts and he then gets 300ms of compensation on every one "god mode" not because his bandwidth was low but because his pings were high when the game marked them.

This is why there is a glut of people flooding their bandwidth in the lobby and while the map loads to gain ms on everyone.

Throttling does not flood.

The games need to monitor and change lag comp on the fly or this will carry on.

Or they all need to buy a netduma :)

I thought that the player with higest upload hosts majority of the time as the other players are downloading from the the host.

Being host is quality for me I love it. very little info is being uploaded and downloaded its just position's on the map and bullet reg.

When I was on 1mb upload or 17mb upload it is always great you get a good few ms on people if the lobby somewhat even.

I would get host with 1mb upload all the time because I had a quick ping so i do not find it is based on BW upload.

If you get the flooder with 400ms (if it is self inflicted or his family doing it) then yeah it sucks but that would suck even if you were not host.

EDIT: these are my thoughts on older titles as i can not play AW anymore the graphics and depth of view are terrible for a shooter.

• Netduma Staff

I agree with just about everything Zennon has said. I am a none believer of throttling too :)

For two reasons:

1. Makes no sense as to why they would base it on bandwidth not ping.
  2. How does the game detect my speeds? On console info the game says my bandwidth is 1836Kbps (1.836Mbps). My actual download is 200Mbps and upload is 30Mbps. So either I am misunderstanding what bandwidth means or it is inaccurate - very inaccurate.

These are just my thoughts.

Archived