replacing PS4 drive with ssd

bagsta69

I had a 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD in my Pro when it first launched. The speed boost was obvious, but it quickly ran out of space (400GB formatted SSD capacity and Doom alone is 78GB!), so it was begrudgingly replaced with a 2TB internal HDD.

The recent 4.5 PS4 patch added support for external storage, so I banged the SSD back in the Pro and moved all single-player & offline MP games to a much cheaper 4TB external HDD while leaving the competitive MP games on the SSD.

The great thing about external drive support is you can migrate games between the SSD and HDD on demand to make the most of the SSD speed boost, which is very noticeable when loading into MP maps, while dumping infrequently-used and less resource-intensive games onto the HDD...best of both worlds and it doesn't cost the earth.

Also worth noting in the 4.5 update is Boost Mode to add extra grunt to pre-Pro PS4 games.

SSD + Boost Mode + NetDuma = you load first into lobbies and maps to get the pick of the litter and a jump on your opposition. Doesn't work with all games, but it's fun when it does.

I got this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00M8ABEIM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1i noticed a much faster boot up time and games start alot quicker to, also when i spawn in at the start it takes a few seconds for the other players to spawn. My games are digital and not worried about storage so 250gb is fine foe me but you can get bigger.