Help for competitive match settings

Areuz

250Mbps up/down GPON Fiber. setup: ONT bridged to Duma then to PS4, PC, and Nighthawk for Wifi. Other setup is just switching the Nighthawk and Duma.

I play MWR on PS4 and I play competitive matches on UMG/GB. I have been using the Duma for a while now and it has been alright. I have recently been having issues with my games (bad bullet reg, not killing quickly, dying quickly). I didn't seem to be lagging or having latency issues because I had my Duma on 70%/70% with PS4 in hyper traffic. So to test things out and try and get a better experience I went back to my Netgear R7000 Nighthawk. I set it up with the QoS and put the PS4 as the highest priority. I was having better hit reg and I was killing quickly again. Now it doesn't seem to be a lag or latency issue with the Duma it just seems like whatever the Nighthawk is doing is somehow giving me an advantage or making it more even. I notice there is a bigger delay or a weird feeling in game when I play with the Nighthawk. My ping isn't higher or lower it just seems to feel different.

From these findings some questions came up...I think the Duma does an amazing job with minimizing my ping and reducing/eliminating lag. But is this causing me to die very quickly to other people because of my solid connection? And I am having my issues on hitting or killing them because their connection isn't up to par?

I seem to do very well on Infinite Warfare with the Netduma but on MWR I have my issues. Is there any suggestions for the settings on the Duma? I can only use the host filter for public matches. I have congestion control to reactive and 70%/70% with the PS4 in hyper-traffic. I have turbo mode enabled and cookies enabled. Should I try super turbo mode and just have the PS4 in hyper-traffic? Does share access affect anything for priority for gaming besides just bandwidth?

Another question pertains to Overwatch on PC. Is there only one server in NA? Which seems to be in California? I have 60s ping to the server which is pretty good and playable but it isn't perfect and I notice it when I play. Do I need to forward some ports? The upnp doesn't pick up on any when I play. How could I do hyper-traffic for Overwatch or H1Z1? 

Is there going to be a new QoS with DumaOS? Will we be able to prioritize by device and application/service?

I think the Duma is awesome I am just trying to get that great feeling gameplay and have a good and fair experience online. I want to find my optimal settings for the Duma. I will continue to test different settings and hope to find the perfect ones.

super mode is useless because you don't have over 300 md down or up. my friend been having the same problem with MWR, and can't find no good settings for it either. I even tried to find good settings for it. I use the same settings i use for bo3 & iw and the hit detection is fine. but them same settings i use on MWR does no good. i feel like it's more of the net coding in MWR.

and for you to set up hyper traffic for H1Z1 & overwatch, just add your pc in host filtering as xbox live like you did for the playstation and do the same for the hyper traffic.

and to see in game player pings on pc, just scroll down on the host filtering tab where the peer pings section is, and right under it. it should say services, and across from that change it to whatever slot you put your pc at.

• Administrators

Super turbo mode no because you don't have the speeds and you'd be disabling congestion control. 

Share excess on so any devices that need more bandwidth can get it.

As far as overwatch goes I believe they only have 1 server for each region, perhaps one for east/west coast though not sure about that. Unless you are having issues getting games/connecting with people even if they're allowed on Geo (if you have it enabled) then shouldn't need to port forward. Use Xbox Live service for hyper trafficking pc games.

The new QoS which we've mentioned in a blog will be present.

Your question is a hard one to answer from a tech support position to be honest. Sounds like the Netduma is doing it's job by eliminating lag and getting you more local connections so there isn't much I can advise really.