Upnp Forwarding

nytemare01

Hey guys,

I'd like to know what "enable upnp forwarding" is and does it differ from the regular upnp setting. The netduma is currently my primary router and I have upnp enabled but I have "enable upnp forwarding" unchecked. Should I enable it or not?

It forwards ports from one router to another.

If do not have a two router set up then no.

If you have have a two router set up and you are using DMZ and your NAT is open then no.

If you have an open NAT just leave it, if it aint broken rule :)

I use it as my two router set up likes it better than DMZ for keeping the NAT open but thats just my situation.

• Administrators

Cheers Zennon,

Yeah its job is to try open the NAT on the upstream router. If your upstream router is a pure modem don't worry about it. If you have an open NAT already don't touch anything lol. If you don't try it out and see if it opens your NAT.

So if I wanted to use my Asus rtac87u router as a primary and the netduma as secondary the I can just enable upnp forwarding instead of putting it in the dmz, is that correct?

• Administrators

In theory, but some routers don't handle it well. Also its probably better to do the other round i.e. Netduma primary as you can use its congestion control. 

Archived