vodafone modem model type HG658C open nat type

ive lost all hope of finding a way of opening my nat type ive watched all youtube videos, problem seems to be all videos are to old and modems are not the same in settings anymore, ive seen somewhere in here its simple just find DMZ or MODEM MODE, problem is on the HG658c model ive searched everywhere and its not there????

ive lost all hope of finding a way of opening my nat type ive watched all youtube videos, problem seems to be all videos are to old and modems are not the same in settings anymore, ive seen somewhere in here its simple just find DMZ or MODEM MODE, problem is on the HG658c model ive searched everywhere and its not there????

I don't believe there is one.  If you have multiple gaming devices I would use Upnp on the R1.  If you have just one gaming device i would port-forward the appropriate ports on the R1.  Do not do both though. It can cause conflicts.  Also if you have a firewall on your HG65Bc i would think about disabling it as well because it may be causing you to have NAT issues as well.

I don't believe there is one.  If you have multiple gaming devices I would use Upnp on the R1.  If you have just one gaming device i would port-forward the appropriate ports on the R1.  Do not do both though. It can cause conflicts.  Also if you have a firewall on your HG65Bc i would think about disabling it as well because it may be causing you to have NAT issues as

thanks for your quick reply, do i need to change external ports and internal ports once i click on upnp as both are showing as 9308

thanks for your quick reply, do i need to change external ports and internal ports once i click on upnp as both are showing as 9308

Try Fraser's suggestions first. If he says it can be bridged it probably can. But when upnp is selected there is no need to enter ports. it's automatic. But if you port forward then you are going to have to assign your gaming device a static ip address on the R1 and then set up port forwarding rules for the device on the R1 as well.

If you click the image it will enlarge it

thanks for your help i wouldnt be to confident to go into settings and fiddle around with them as i wouldnt be the best on a pc also im seriously thinking of just packing up the netdum r1 back in its box because ive seen no inprovement with it in use at all so im not sure if an open nat type will inprove it

• Administrators

You can't really go to wrong if you follow the instructions. An open NAT type will allow you to connect to more people. Post the screenshots from here: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022425-lag-support-instructions-to-post-on-the-forum-and we'll help optimise your settings.