Router shuts off or drops all connection

This happens everyday without fail. I'll be playing bf and out of nowhere i my party chat disconnects and shortly after that I get booted from the game. I am now not connected to Xbox live servers. It's not just an Xbox issue because every phone and computer drops connection as well. I can only reconnect after I unplug the power to the router for about 10 seconds. I read a few posts about wifi dropping and they suggest adding another router for wifi. Instead, I hardwired my Xbox back up. Even with it hard wired it drops connection. It seems as though it can't assign IP addresses to anything because it shows up on wifi scans but it can't obtain an IP address. Need help because this blows.

For the IP, there is a pretty quick test...go to settings when it is hard wired then network.  if it shows an ip then the netduma's DHCP server is working.

What ISP do you have? do you have a router or a modem upstream (the first thing in your house).  

What is the model?

What you are explaining is a internet disconnect, if you could run a ping from one of your devices to another device the result when one of these disconnects would let us know if it is a whole network (internal and external issue).

I hope someone isn't DDoS'ing you...if they are reset your modem for ~20 minutes

Note: don't double post topics

I have att U-verse. I can't ping another device because when it happens I get disconnected from the router. I can't reconnect to it, wired or wireless, until I unplug the router. I have done a factory reset. Checked firmware. Checked turbo super turbo and reactive. Had the turbos unchecked with premptive. Every configuration gives the same result. Every device gets kicked from the network. I can still see the wireless network, but I can't connect to it.

I have att U-verse. I can't ping another device because when it happens I get disconnected from the router. I can't reconnect to it, wired or wireless, until I unplug the router. I have done a factory reset. Checked firmware. Checked turbo super turbo and reactive. Had the turbos unchecked with premptive. Every configuration gives the same result. Every device gets kicked from the network. I can still see the wireless network, but I can't connect to it.

you might want to post in the one on one section, by the sounds of it

• Administrators

Are you noticing the router rebooting when this occurs? Yes I think a 1 on 1 would be a good idea.

Post in the 1 on 1 section: http://forum.netduma.com/forum/66-request-1-on-1/and I will have a look. Please note I need around a days notice.

Please read this first before making the post: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11450-read-before-posting-a-1-on-1-request/

Archived