How to get VPN to connect to Xbox live

Xavier

I'm using vypervpn on my netduma but I cannot connect to other users when I try to play a game. Madden or 2k . I have to physically disable my vpn via the vpn tab on the netduma just to get a match then (tick) it back on as soon as I get a match. Any suggestions on how to get matches without switching it off. Also does anyone know a good configuration for playing games like 2k and madden ?

• Administrators

Hello, welcome to the forum!

It could be that you have a strict NAT when going through the VPN making it harder to find a player. It could be the VPN server location you've chosen making it harder to find you a match. 

I wouldn't recommend playing through a VPN unless absolutely necessary. Are you choosing a local server? What is your NAT through the VPN?

• Netduma Staff

I'm using vypervpn on my netduma but I cannot connect to other users when I try to play a game. Madden or 2k . I have to physically disable my vpn via the vpn tab on the netduma just to get a match then (tick) it back on as soon as I get a match. Any suggestions on how to get matches without switching it off. Also does anyone know a good configuration for playing games like 2k and madden ?

Hey Xavier, just wanted to check in and see if you've still got the issue?

Archived