Duma Deleted Everything

Clinton92

Ok so i was having some issues with my wifi so i rebooted. The duma and now it has deleted all of my setting on there including my deny and allow list. This is really starting to frustrate me first i cant join some friends without re adding them. Or expanding my geo out to cover the whole of australia  now this. I just cant seem to work out why is this happening to me all of a sudden. Ive never encounted these issues prior. But i have faith in the netduma crew to help me resolve my issues....

Is there anychance that instead of pressing restart you pressed factory reset by accident? :)

Hi crossy

I thought the same thing but. All my devices were still added on the wifi page and my ps3 was still on the geo page. But the ps4 was gone and some settings didn't change at all like were you input your isp speed ? But everything else disappeared

Hi crossy

I thought the same thing but. All my devices were still added on the wifi page and my ps3 was still on the geo page. But the ps4 was gone and some settings didn't change at all like were you input your isp speed ? But everything else disappeared

Do you have Cookies enabled ?

I am guessing the duma stores its cookies in the browser as i have a delete and keep section in CCleaner and 192.168.88.1 shows cookies to keep so i have them in my allow list.

Could you have deleted your browser cookies?

I am guessing the duma stores its cookies in the browser as i have a delete and keep section in CCleaner and 192.168.88.1 shows cookies to keep so i have them in my allow list.

Could you have deleted your browser cookies?

Hi zennon

nah I didnt delete my browser cookies. Ive had a look at everything about 10 times and cant work it out why

• Netduma Staff

The settings that you have said have gone are not stored in the cookies. Only settings such as keeping your current zoom etc are kept saved in the cookies.

When did you add those items to the Netduma and how did you restart it? It only saves things at the least every hour so if you restart from the plug any settings that you changed within the hour will have been lost. If you use the reset button in misc settings though it should have saved.

The settings that you have said have gone are not stored in the cookies. Only settings such as keeping your current zoom etc are kept saved in the cookies.

When did you add those items to the Netduma and how did you restart it? It only saves things at the least every hour so if you restart from the plug any settings that you changed within the hour will have been lost. If you use the reset button in misc settings though it should have saved.

The settings I lost have been on the duma since day 1 of purchase. But I had done a reboot from the misc settings and not a direct uplug from the router. Also the changes I made on the duma today would have been on there for about 3hrs at least.

Aslo zennon im running the latest firmware 1.03.4 since it was released.

• Netduma Staff

The settings I lost have been on the duma since day 1 of purchase. But I had done a reboot from the misc settings and not a direct uplug from the router. Also the changes I made on the duma today would have been on there for about 3hrs at least.

Aslo zennon im running the latest firmware 1.03.4 since it was released.

Sounds like it might be a bug or something then - especially if only some of your settings have gone. This might seam counter-intuitive but you could try restarting it again? I don't know the inner workings, but maybe when it boots it reads all the user set settings from on config or something like that and when loading yours there was an issue so only some of your settings work.

This is just a guess though. I suppose the only risk of trying it is that all your settings go but from what you've said it doesn't sound like there's many left :)

How many times has this happened in the past?

Well a couple of times It has happend but I thought nothing of it. But usually I would only have to re add the ps4 not all my friends again and have to change my home location back and check my other setting.

• Netduma Staff

Try a reboot like Crossy suggests like he says the config file might not have fully loaded, that is a good guess.

Just to be clear though, it is just a guess, I could be completely wrong :)

Sounds like it might be a bug or something then - especially if only some of your settings have gone. This might seam counter-intuitive but you could try restarting it again? I don't know the inner workings, but maybe when it boots it reads all the user set settings from on config or something like that and when loading yours there was an issue so only some of your settings work.

This is just a guess though. I suppose the only risk of trying it is that all your settings go but from what you've said it doesn't sound like there's many left :)

Also done another reboot after to see if it was just a hiccup. But still no luck on that should I do a factory reset ? Also is there anyway to see how it happened from a remote access. Just to see if everything is running smooth

• Netduma Staff

Also done another reboot after to see if it was just a hiccup. But still no luck on that should I do a factory reset ? Also is there anyway to see how it happened from a remote access. Just to see if everything is running smooth

I'm sure when Iain gets back he will be able to remote in and look at the router logs - he should be able to see any errors. You could do a factory reset but then you would lose all your settings and I think the log would be erased so you wouldn't know why it happened.

• Netduma Staff

Aww all good just done a factory reset :) As i wanna play online and not have any issues.

If there was a bug, the factory reset will probably get rid of it so you probably won't experience it again I don't think :)

Archived