HELP!!! Wireless on R1 is dead!

Guys, not sure what happened this morning but there is no wireless on my R1. Was using the VPN facility which I have done on many occasions but it decided to have a hissy fit this time around. The VPN page just wouldn't load after that & the only way to cure it was to do a factory reset. After that the wireless went dead. No matter what I do I can't get it back up. Any assistance would be greatly received.

• Administrators

The wifi LED never lights up. I'd suggest going to "Settings > Wifi" and changing the password. Then making sure all devices use the same password. Also make sure the password is at least 8 characters long.

Hmmm....that's interesting. I just took p/w security off & I can now connect wirelessly to the R1 again. Atleast I know now it works. I'll try what you suggested Iain.

• Netduma Staff

Cheers Zennon, I'll bare that in mind if it happens again. By the way, what is the "wi fi work around" for? Excuse my ignorance.

The actual feature was made for people with busy Wifi environments. But as Zennon said, it caused many people to have issues so a way of disabling it was introduced :)

Archived