connection..

hi folks,

running most recent software, geo filter disabled, (have to had idea what you were talking about with this until update as i could not a disable option) i do now !! applied dmz to sky router..still moderate nat on cod aw !!

What now ?

• Netduma Staff

hi folks,

running most recent software, geo filter disabled, (have to had idea what you were talking about with this until update as i could not a disable option) i do now !! applied dmz to sky router..still moderate nat on cod aw !!

What now ?

Does the button under the GeoFilter say 'enable' (meaning it is disabled)? Have you got UPnP enabled?

• Netduma Staff

So to check, you have UPnP forwarding ticked in Settings >> Miscellaneous and you have enabled ticked in Settings >> UPnP? Sorry for going over it but it doesn't make any sense to have a closed NAT if you have set up DMZ correctly.

Could you also disable the network firewall on your PC and see if you then have an open NAT?

yeah all things are present and correct ! when i turned off the fire wall i got a black screen of death on my pc and ended up rebooting,i tried to get in to steam and got some message saying my pc settings had changed and i may loose my game saves (fecking nightmare)i have just checked status and dmz is set on sky router,upnp is enabled,

• Netduma Staff

yeah all things are present and correct ! when i turned off the fire wall i got a black screen of death on my pc and ended up rebooting,i tried to get in to steam and got some message saying my pc settings had changed and i may loose my game saves (fecking nightmare)i have just checked status and dmz is set on sky router,upnp is enabled,

Would you be able to jump in chat? It might be faster to resolve in there :)

Hi folks,

Pretty much gave up on this now... not posted anything since Thursday as feel like i was spending more time on a forum than i actually got to game..

Latest developments... upnp enabled, dmz set,on Friday night i turned off my firewall on windows with set up as described and hey presto i eventually got a open nat playing cod a/w.. yee ha..done it i thought,, Sat afternoon went to play, back to a moderate..pulling my hair out with this..i am also running norton so disabled windows/norton firewalls and still get a moderate.. really peeded off now as i can not get a game with my cousin as i can not connect to him on moderate... so unplugged the netduma altogether and put it back in the box set up my sky router with windows/norton both running and guess what ? turned on cod a/w open nat straight away...WTF !!

Back on this morning same set up.. open nat again..what do you need to do to guess this dam thing to work/give you an open nat ??

honestly feel like its the biggest waste of £150.00 i have ever spent..

i appeciate some people are singing the praises of this but from my xp there are no plus sided whatsover..

regards

Countinued form above . forgot to mention this ! if you go in to host history i have nothing in there whatsoever as in it says i have not even played a game ?? how can that be ?

• Netduma Staff

Hi folks,

Pretty much gave up on this now... not posted anything since Thursday as feel like i was spending more time on a forum than i actually got to game..

Latest developments... upnp enabled, dmz set,on Friday night i turned off my firewall on windows with set up as described and hey presto i eventually got a open nat playing cod a/w.. yee ha..done it i thought,, Sat afternoon went to play, back to a moderate..pulling my hair out with this..i am also running norton so disabled windows/norton firewalls and still get a moderate.. really peeded off now as i can not get a game with my cousin as i can not connect to him on moderate... so unplugged the netduma altogether and put it back in the box set up my sky router with windows/norton both running and guess what ? turned on cod a/w open nat straight away...WTF !!

Back on this morning same set up.. open nat again..what do you need to do to guess this dam thing to work/give you an open nat ??

honestly feel like its the biggest waste of £150.00 i have ever spent..

i appeciate some people are singing the praises of this but from my xp there are no plus sided whatsover..

regards

If you want the issue resolved, it can be resolved. There is obviously something that isn't right as many other users are on Sky and don't have this issue. If you want to get this sorted then come into chat and I will help you.

The plus sides must be apparent? Host filtering, congestion control, device prioritisation. Even without an open NAT these still work.

• Netduma Staff

Countinued form above . forgot to mention this ! if you go in to host history i have nothing in there whatsoever as in it says i have not even played a game ?? how can that be ?

What game were you playing, AW? Remember that although some users have reported that this does work with eh GeoFilter, it is not officially supported by the Netduma router.

Could you make a post asking fellow sky broadband users how they have theirs set up that might be a good way of finding out quicker :)

edit : you had posted while i was typing Crossy.

As a side note mine used to do this with a Billion 7800n in the dmz a lot , so i took the duma out of the 7800n dmz and ticked Enable upnp forwarding in the dumas misc settings and rebooted both routers the billion first waited until fully up then booted the duma.

I have never had this issue since.

Wall > Billion > Netduma > Devices.

• Administrators

I understand that you're frustrated but the reason the Nat is not open is because the sky router is not forwarding packets to the duma so it's an issue with the sky router.

The only way it's an issue with the duma is if it's geo-filter but you ruled that out already as you have it disabled. Just to confirm it's disabled when the button says "enable"

Assuming the above is correct and you have NAT open one day and not the next then it's most likely that the duma is changing it's IP for some unknown reason or the sky router is not saving it's settings.

The former is more likely so I suggest you go to the sky route and give the duma a static IP then DMZ that IP. Save settings and you'll have open Nat forever.

This should not be necessary unless you're turning on and off one of the routers often. Typically they stay on for months without reboot.

• Administrators

I should have Internet by tomorrow so if you're available in the evening or weekday evening, please let me know and I'll set it up for you remotely

Archived