nat type changeing

Hi again Fraser im having a problem where my net type will change on my xbox one i set everthing up to where my ps4 and the xbox will have an open net but after a few days it will change on  my xbox i dont know why. i rebooted  my netduma and my netgear i feel that it happens every time  i try to get a open net on bo3 for the ps4 . i had been have some trouble with getting any open net on the ps4 for bo3 you know the console itself had any open but the game didnt so i found a fix for it Sim's new video and it worked . but the thing is that last night when i went on my xbox one my net for the console was unavailable so i tried to rest my console everything and nothing i could not get my net to open so thats when i factory reset my netduma and rebooted my netgear and the  my net went to open .im not sure what is happen but . so if i could get some help thanks and also how do i know if the upnp is enabled or disabled is that in the miscellaneous setting or is it that upnp page i just want to be able to have a consistent open net on both of my consoles and for. beacuse this is what i did notice you know how the xbox will use port 3075 and the ps4 3074 when i was on the upnp  page i would see the xbox useing 3074 to so do you thing the maybe the system gets confused i dont know but how about we do a one on one so i could get these fix and mybe my set up to .   

• Netduma Staff

Fraser's pretty busy currently so we'll try and get this resolved without doing a 1 on 1. First off I'd recommend following each step on this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022359-how-do-i-open-my-nat-

That's your best bet at getting the NAT issues solved; it works for most people who get NAT trouble. If it doesn't work then let us know, but make sure you follow every step to the letter. As for UPnP, you only need to disable it in misc settings. We'll see about alternate ways to fix this if the guide doesn't do the job.

You mentioned you want help with your set-up; if you let us know your speeds we can help you out there :)

hi jack so i have everything set up just the way it says on the page you gave me i have the netduma on the DMZ i have no portforwading  ports . and this is my setup my modem>netgear>netduma the netduma i use it for only my consoles ps4 and xbox1 my net type on the ps4 is net type2 so i know thats good on the xbox1 it changes to strict or unavailable and i dont know why it never used to happen so when that happens i rest the xbox and if im lucky it will go back to open but if not no matter what i do it wont even with a  hard rest set i know its not my xbox i just got it like two weeks ago . ok like these morning i went on my xbox and i had a strict net i rest and it went back to open one thing to note though is is that i dont have  Enable upnp Forwarding so do you think thats why i got a strict net but then when i rest it i didnt have it enabled either so maybe i dont need it but than why am i getting a strict net at times thats is what i dont know so thats why im asking for help thanks in advance  

hi jack so i wanted to let you know that ive been testing to see if the net while change on the xbox1 again and it does i just left it off for like two  three  hours and came back and it was strict i rest the xbox and it went back to open but thats what i dont like i dont want to be resting my console every time i go on it and i did do a change i have upnp forwarding on now and its the samething with it on or off it doesnt seem to help

• Administrators

Your setup isn't ideal, you're not able to utilise the congestion control features on the R1. If you don't need this that is fine but you may be encountering double NAT issues. Either way with your current setup it should be R1 in DMZ of Netgear, UPnP & port forwarding disabled on the Netgear. UPnP forwarding disabled on the R1, UPnP OR port forwarding setup on the R1. Consoles given static IPs in DHCP lease. 

If you're rebooting modem, netgear & duma a lot then the duma WAN IP is likely changing and thus the DMZ will not be correct anymore. You could give the R1 a static IP on the Netgear to prevent this.

Archived