few questions about ipv6/misc settings

what is ipv6? does it need to be enabled or disabled? on my atnt modem it says ipv6 lan enabled and ipv6 is also on on the netduma.is it better to disable this on both modems? also what settings in miscellaneous shouldnt be checked? deep packet processing,multicast snooping,cookies? trying to do anything i can to make halo 5 feel better.im playing on the same 2 servers every single game pinging 38 and 40+ to them and every game feels different..drastic inconsistency in sluggishness/smoothness and shot registration ect.everything is testing fine on my xbox and netduma tests

• Netduma Staff

So IPV6 is essentially a different kind of IP address; it's quite rare for you to have this kind. It came about because the world essentially started running out of IP addresses - it's just a new IP system. You should be able to disable IPV6; or you could do some hunting to find out whether you've got one.

Deep Packet Processing is a big deal; it scans every packet being sent and recieved to give you more information about your connection. You can disable that to improve your speeds since you only really need it for specific reasons. Definitely keep cookies enabled; disabling it will mean that your settings will be lost upon resetting the router (Or under other circumstances). Keep Multicast Snooping disabled; again, you'd be doing something very specific to need that.

Other than those settings, what are your speeds and what settings have you got? Try putting your console into the hyper lane and using the Halo 5 profile. Let us know how you get on :)

thanks for the reply jack.all i use on my internet is 2 xbox ones and they are both in hyper lane already and i have the duma in the atnt routers dmz so both xboxs have open nats...i have uverse (dsl) with 18 down and 1 up...i do use the halo 5 profile as well...everything tests fine on the duma and xbox tests :( i connect to servers less than 900km away every game pinging 35-45ms to them and the gameplay for the most part is still lacking on shot registration and horribly sluggish and slow...with me having the duma in the other routers dmz should i still have upnp enabled on the duma?

• Administrators

UPnP should be kept on the duma but UPnP & port forwarding should be disabled on your hub. 

Sounds like you're getting a great ping though so it shouldn't be bad. I would try using Ping Plotter to find out the quality of your connection, see if you're experiencing any spikes/jitter.

Halo 5 aiming and servers are terrible. There are major threads for both issues over at halowaypoint and team beyond. 343i announced they are going to do a small backend update to help diagnose the problem. Many are speculating that the aim or aim assist is somehow tied to latency. I play on the same servers all the time and the only thing that makes sense to me is that the aim assist is delayed because it requires agreement from the other player's xbone. My ping in about 27ms to the servers. So what else would cause changes to the game play from one game to the next?

• Administrators

What happens if you disable aim assist, does it feel any better? 

It could just be the servers themselves as that is a great ping. I would look into Ping Plotter though just to make sure your connection is fine.

I think that a issue that i found is about the bad connection of one (or more) player in the lobby, influencing all team mates/enemies gameplay.
Saturday i was playing slayer with a friend that was using a bad 4g mobile connection (he was disconnected many times). It was the worst experience i've had on halo5. I couldn't kill anyone, i had bad hit registration, insta deaths, etc, even against low levels, same experience for the others team mates and we finished to loose all matches (that day i finished with a 0.65 kd and 1.06 kda, when usually it is 1.01kd 1.46kda).
The next day the same team mate used another connection (home adsl) and everything went back fine, for me and for everyone in the fireteam. We won most of the matches (1.20kd, 2.01 kda).
So even if i have a good connection (100mb download, 20mb upload, low ping, low jitter, 0% packet loss) i was influenced in a very strong way by the bad connection of a team mate (it seems the enemies were not afflicted by it, but i don't know).

p.s. during bad matches i met nedtuma luke in doubles..... :( :( :(

Archived