color coded dedicated servers

it would be nice since we know where and who CoD uses for dedicated servers [choopa/gameservers] that when one of their IPs comes up on the map that it is green or blue or something other than red, maybe yellow?

• Netduma Staff

it would be nice since we know where and who CoD uses for dedicated servers [choopa/gameservers] that when one of their IPs comes up on the map that it is green or blue or something other than red, maybe yellow?

This is a feature available to the 'Canaries' and something I don't believe will be made publicly available.

This is a feature available to the 'Canaries' and something I don't believe will be made publicly available.

A few staff have mentioned that it won't be publicly available, can someone explain the reasoning behind that decision.

We can still see the dedis by the fact the update button is disabled so I can't really understand what adding a colour code does to make it such a no-no

Iain I can see you and the duma crew are being very cagey on this but could you please elaborate as to why it's such a big deal, seems out of character with the usual transparent nature of support here.

The only thing that springs to mind is fear of ddos or something similar

• Netduma Staff

Iain I can see you and the duma crew are being very cagey on this but could you please elaborate as to why it's such a big deal, seems out of character with the usual transparent nature of support here.

The only thing that springs to mind is fear of ddos or something similar

I'm not sure if this is the reason Netduma don't show them but on one of Drift0r's vids, he said you run into legal issues when showing the location of servers. I'm not sure if that is true though.

• Administrators

Yeah its not really our place to do that. The only reason the update button thing was added was back in late Dec to early Jan people were breaking the games for themselves by blocking dedis. So we had to address it as all support threads were non-stop lobby booting. 

Sorry if it came of cagey but I guess in some scenarios its better to play it safe. 

All the more reason to color code them ;)

How about a triangle? I am fine with not being able to block them but it would be nice to not have to be bothered with not being tricked to try and rate them.

I don't know. Atlanta server is fine for me but I'm 12ms from it... And depends on who else is in the lobby. Chicago server sucks though. I just meant it's funny to see opinions of servers here vs what rest of community begged for. I dont see them as a negative... The color coding request is simply for convenience while glancing at the screen.

Archived