how to configure at&t gateway nvg599 and netduma

i just purchase a netduma router to play black ops 3 on my Xbox one console. i have no idea how to hook this router up on my At&t NVG599 gateway. Can someone please walk me through the set up for this router combination to achieve an open NAT and bridge mode.

Copy and paste form ATT website, I know it says NVG589 but should hlpe and be very similar to 599.  Default is 192.168.1.254

• Go to 'Home Network' then 'Subnets & DHCP'.  Your password is on the side of the modem.
  • If your 'Device IPv4 Address' is the same subnet as your local router, I suggest changing it.  I changed mine to 192.169.2.254 but you can stick with whatever you like / need.  My subnet Mask remains at 255.255.255.0
  • Change 'DHCPv4 Start Address' to 192.169.2.1 (or whatever your above Device IPv4 address is but with a 1 at the end instead of .254)
  • Change 'DHCPv4 End Address' to 192.169.2.5, Just a few more than the Start Address.  We need these for any WAP extenders for wifi TV's.  It's important that you only have the laptop plugged into the ethernet at this point.
  • Click 'SAVE' at the bottom.
  • Go to 'Home Network'  then 'Wireless' and turn wireless off.  You want to use the wifi on your own router right?
  • Go to 'Firewall' then ' 'Packet Filter'.  Disable Packet Filters.  Again, we want our router to do the work.
  • Make sure you don't have any of your own settings turned on in 'NAT/Gaming' (don't worry if you see 1 in there already that you can't delete).
  • Go to 'Firewall' then 'IP Passthrough'.  For 'Default Server Internal Address', select or type in 192.169.2.1.
  • For 'Allocation Mode' select 'Passthrough' (I had to do it in this reverse order to be able to type for some reason)
  • For 'Passthrough Mode', select 'DHCPS-Fixed'
  • Type in the MAC address for your router under 'Manual Entry', lowercase is fine.
  • Click SAVE.  It will tell you that it needs to reboot.  Hang on for a minute.
  • Go to 'Firewall Advanced' at the top and turn everything OFF.
  • Near the top of your screen, you should see an option telling you to reboot the router. Go ahead and do this now. It takes about 2 minutes.

Personal Router Settings.

• Unplug your laptop and plug in your personal router while the NVG589 reboots.  
  • Plug your laptop into your personal router and login to it.  For me, it was 192.168.1.1 (hence why I changed things above)
  • For the ASUS RT-N66U, I had to go to my WAN settings, then 'Internet Connection'.
  • Change 'WAN Connection Type' to 'Automatic IP'.  This will give your personal router the external IP of the NVG589 and is the key to making this whole thing work. Some folks will have to manually enter in an IP and this can be found under the 'Broadband - Status' section of the NVG589 settings.  If you don't have 'automatic IP' then I feel bad for you since you will have to manually change this every time your IP changes.
  • 'Enable WAN', 'Enable NAT' and 'Enable UPnP' is all set to YES for me.  
  • I recomend Setting your own DNS server.  I use Google's but you use whatever you like.  Google's is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
  • 'Account Setting - Authentication' is 'None'.
  • There are no Special requirements from ISP at the bottom.
  • Hit APPLY at the bottom and your router will reboot.

I also changed settings in my IPTV under LAN:

• Profile was None.
  • Choose IPTV STB port, I set to LAN3 & LAN4.  I plugged my U-Verse WAP for the wireless reciver into the NVG589 and I plugged the ethernet cable going to the VIP2250 into LAN3 on my personal router.  I'm really not sure if this was necessary but I'm having 0 issues with this setup.  I initially tried putting the WAP on my personal router but had issues so I stuck it back on the NVG589 and it's fine.  I could probably just plug the VIP2250 into the NVG589 as well but I'm just enjoying the small victory of using my personal router for now.  
  • Hit apply at the bottom, another possible reboot.

At this point, I checked the internet and everything was working great through the router.  I restarted by 2 TV boxes (the VIP and the wifi ones).  Everything is peachy.

Your mileage may vary.  Good luck.

i just purchase a netduma router to play black ops 3 on my Xbox one console. i have no idea how to hook this router up on my At&t NVG599 gateway. Can someone please walk me through the set up for this router combination to achieve an open NAT and bridge mode.

https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Features/How-to-put-the-Motorola-NVG589-in-bridge-mode-or-as-close-as-you/td-p/3552057

Google is your friend.

Archived