DSLreports problems

RobReapz

This will mainly be aimed a people with fibre and relatively stable connections. When using dslreports i am getting big spikes at the start of each test (download/upload) which is playing havoc with my bufferbloat results etc. Another problem is that most of the time when testing the download it seems to start of really slow then will suddenly shoot up, looks like someone took a right angle chunk out my graph if you follow, this also happens on speedtest.net. Anyone suffer from these problems or know what they could be? Have done full reset of network and eliminated any cable issues btw. 

are you using cc to controle your bandwidth while doing tests. If you do a dslreports test at full 100% then you will get huge spikes. Everybody's connection and my optimised cc for bufferbloat is 86/86%

No it happens across the board regardless of slider positions, but only spikes at the start of each test. Results after initial spike are great, I am more concerned about the download issue which is probably related to the large spike.

Archived