Netduma reduces VPN speed !

Hello everyone.

I am setting up a ExpressVPN on the netduma, I noticed that when I connect through the expressVPN Windows application, the speed is around 54 Mbps out of my 200. that is okay, however, when I connect through the Netduma using the opvn config script,  same location and same server on speedtest.net, my speed reduces to 5 mbps , that is unacceptable,

any suggestions to fix this ?

thanks

No way around it. App on pc is optimized. Config files are set differently. It's like this in private Internet access as well. Quite a few complaints on it. If u figure it out. That'd be awesome but so far no answer even from pia themselves.

Should be happy with 54, pia lowered their to 10meg

thank you so much my friend ,, now I understand.

hopefully they will fix it in DumaOS 2.0 ,

thank you again.  

I don't think it's netduma in general. I think it's the way the Config is made in general or how they route out vs app. Ppl have checked in dd wrt as well. Does same. . I only use VPN for surfing and minimal downloading. If I am downloading I don't care about the speed cuz most torrents max out St 2MB per second if u lucky. Rarely see ppl with fast downloads like 25MB per second

Hello everyone.

I am setting up a ExpressVPN on the netduma, I noticed that when I connect through the expressVPN Windows application, the speed is around 54 Mbps out of my 200. that is okay, however, when I connect through the Netduma using the opvn config script,  same location and same server on speedtest.net, my speed reduces to 5 mbps , that is unacceptable,

any suggestions to fix this ?

thanks

No way around it. App on pc is optimized. Config files are set differently. It's like this in private Internet access as well. Quite a few complaints on it. If u figure it out. That'd be awesome but so far no answer even from pia themselves.

Should be happy with 54, pia lowered their to 10meg

When you're using a VPN it is constantly encrypting and decrypting the data you send and receive. Most router's processors are much too weak for this kind of constant operations which is why you get ~12Mbps on the netduma and faster speeds on your more powerful PC processor. I get 200+ Mbps on my VPN through my pc without a problem. The netduma isn't at fault here and no OS update can fix that.

thank you ,, all of you guys.

I am stopping using VPN through the Duma for a while.

another issue - avoiding opening new post :)  - :

the Anti-Flood slides seem to be not accurate at all for me.

when I set my connection to 70/70 % .. the speed of mine is 130/60 mbps out of 200/80 mbps that is around 10 mbps difference of reality ( 70% of 200 = 140)

however, when I move the sliders to 90/90 % .. the speed is 140/65 mbps ... that is totally big difference and inacuurate...

I think that my Duma has some problems and I need to fully/hardly reset it ,, or if you have other suggestions those will be extremely welcome.

thank you .

What VPN do u use mod box?

PIA

thank you ,, all of you guys.

I am stopping using VPN through the Duma for a while.

another issue - avoiding opening new post :)  - :

the Anti-Flood slides seem to be not accurate at all for me.

when I set my connection to 70/70 % .. the speed of mine is 130/60 mbps out of 200/80 mbps that is around 10 mbps difference of reality ( 70% of 200 = 140)

however, when I move the sliders to 90/90 % .. the speed is 140/65 mbps ... that is totally big difference and inacuurate...

I think that my Duma has some problems and I need to fully/hardly reset it ,, or if you have other suggestions those will be extremely welcome.

thank you .

This is a known issue... It's about a 30% buffer when you're using reactive.

Archived