SkyQ with the Netduma

Hi All,

I was using the R1 with BT broadband until recently i switched over to Sky when I got SkyQ.  I am wanting to switch back over to the R1 but before i do i wanted to see if anyone has done this and if so how have you found it.  It's horrible playing COD without the R1 and i want it back in place for COD4

In particular I am wondering

Do the Mini's work ok Wireless?  (Only the main box can be wired)

With it only being 2.4Ghz and not 5Ghz do you get drop outs on the Mini boxes?

with the CC set to say 70% to they stream OK or do you have issues?

I am sure i am forgetting some of the questions i have but i'll add them later if i can think of anything

PS I know i need to rip the password for the SkyQ Hub but does anyone have the settings for the R1 i need

Thanks

i do not have sky q, but it should be exactly the same principle as have a bt youview box which i have except for you having the mini's. They will support 2.46 and if you are on the same speeds as infinity 2 80/20 then they should run fine on cc with 70/70. Yes, you will need to rip the un & pw (sorry i can't help there) but the settings on the netduma should be exactly the same as they were with bt.

Although 5ghz is faster than 2.4 it's range is not as good, i have 18 devices on my duma and none of them struggle for bandwidth at any time and atleast 8 of them are in constant use.

BD

• Administrators

I can't answer specifically as I'm on Virgin, though I don't expect you would run into issues. Everything should be connected to the R1 keep in mind otherwise CC will not work correctly.

There shouldn't be any specific settings needed on the R1 to make it work, if you need PPPoE just ensure those details are input and you should be good to go.

I can't answer specifically as I'm on Virgin, though I don't expect you would run into issues. Everything should be connected to the R1 keep in mind otherwise CC will not work correctly.

There shouldn't be any specific settings needed on the R1 to make it work, if you need PPPoE just ensure those details are input and you should be good to go.

As you know Sky uses Mer not PPPoE and i have tried to use the duma straight to my HG612 Modem and it wont authenticate so i have tou use another router before the Duma. Maybe you guys could fix this problem and us Sky users would be very happy.

• Administrators

As you know Sky uses Mer not PPPoE and i have tried to use the duma straight to my HG612 Modem and it wont authenticate so i have tou use another router before the Duma. Maybe you guys could fix this problem and us Sky users would be very happy.

Ah yes, someone mentioned MER before and I don't think we can unfortunately, for potentially legal reasons though not 100% on that

Ah yes, someone mentioned MER before and I don't think we can unfortunately, for potentially legal reasons though not 100% on that

I can run a Asus straight from HG612 modem with the text below, maybe if we can enter some script into the Duma we can connect straight from modem.

udhcpc --background -i vlan2 -p /var/run/udhcpc.pid -s /tmp/udhcpc -x 0x3d:37633463613562363936623440736b7964736c7c613233636336623361

Hi All,

Just an update on my end.  I have turned wifi off on the Sky Hub and re connected by Netduma and configured it to be in the DMZ.  Took a bit factory reset of the Sky Hub to stop all my devices connecting to that rather than the Netduma but all is working OK.

As for the SkyQ boxes I have the main 2Tb box connected to the R1 and had to set it up to get a new IP from the R1.  Once this is done you have to use WPS on the main box to the mini and it works fine.  The Mini show a Sky network for the SSID but this is to the main box as they show in the device manager and have a 192.168.88.xx address rather than the sky 192.168.0.xx.

Sky is working well and touch wood i have not had any of the issues with the Sky Mini boxes locking up like i did with the sky hub.

Only slight issue was i kept getting a Moderate NAT but fixed that with Port Forwarding and switched of UPnP.

Archived