undersea cable

secretface

In a previous company, I manged a product line of navigation systems. One of the applications was for vessels that laid these cables. There is a lot of advanced technology required just to lay the cable precisely at the right locations and depths.

That stuff is heavily monitored and heavily insulated as well.  I had no idea there was that much of the stuff, but I have seen samples of the under sea fiber optics (in another career life) and the stuff was really dense and heavy.  Which I assume aides in its placement at the bottom of the ocean.

Now if you want to get out your tinfoil - Do a Google search for undersea hacking of fiber optic cables.

I can attest with 100% certainty that is has been tried on the Pacific side of the US, which resulted in the US Navy getting involved back in the 90's.

And on a more comical note.  All that undersea cable, time, expense, risk, maintenance, etc just so people can post shirtless avatars on forums hosted halfway around the world.  :P

And on a more comical note.  All that undersea cable, time, expense, risk, maintenance, etc just so people can post shirtless avatars on forums hosted halfway around the world.  :P

Wait this isn't the Tinder forum? wtf 400+ posts and a year of my life wasted.  I was wondering where all the shirtless women were at

Archived