Ping Diagnostics

SweeperXII

i get around 16 or 17 on avg.and 20 to that is about 36 -37 for ping assist on geofilter.,but at night when i play most hardly find a match if if set it to like 60 i jump rite in a match on aw.. have any suggestions? also geofilter around 528 miles in south carolina in the us

• Netduma Staff

i get around 16 or 17 on avg.and 20 to that is about 36 -37 for ping assist on geofilter.,but at night when i play most hardly find a match if if set it to like 60 i jump rite in a match on aw.. have any suggestions? also geofilter around 528 miles in south carolina in the us

Could you push the snap button two times. This will set the GeoFilter to the most optimum distance and hopefully you will find games faster :)

• Administrators

As Crossy mentioned snap button is quick or another alternative is strict mode off.

To explain ping assist, its doing something that is very difficult. So the probablity of finding a match is low, hence why we suggest giving a bit of buffer in the ping assist to make it more likely to spot them.

If ping assist could calculate every matches ping then it would make the Geo-Filter obsolete as ping is the ultimate metric, even better than distance. Distance is a very good approximate and we can detect it far more accurately then ping. 

• Netduma Staff

so 50 should do the trick on the ping assist if im getting around 36-37 on avg in the detail logs with adding 20 ms and snap my geofilter two times at the lowest distants?

Yeah, that's right. Those should be good settings for you on the GeoFilter :) If you haven't already you might also want to make sure that you have strict mode enabled.

• Netduma Staff

oh i never play without strict mode anyhow.lol,and the best download and upload settings for advancewarfare you recommend?70/70?

70/70% is good for most games, not just CoD :) Having it set to 70/70% means that there won't be any local congestion issues so you won't lag because of other people in your family.

Archived