How to Improve Netduma r1 (Devs please Read

To let u know where I am coming from. And what kind of Issues I am having and how to solve them.

If you are in a region that doesn't have a didicated servers . Netduma becomes necessity for some game like COD : BO 3 . Its the only reason I have bought the router for, otherwise I wouldn't be getting it

Saudi Arabia

FTTP

ISP ; Mobily

Download; 100 mbit

Upload; 15 mbit

I like to be all the time the Host of the match

Issues :

1) I have to go to each match that is within the geo location, so I can block/deny ip of the host and then start hosting my own match . This is a turned off for me.

2) I feel my fttb connection is not optimized

For examples; 5 players can have 4 bars and then in one second later they all go 3 bars

2 players have 4 bars, then go to one bar

I m sure its not an issue If I am using my main modem

3) Incase there is a hidden firewall in the router, I d like to switch it off

I want better gaming experience for my self and others. I am willing to take risks . 0 security I m fine with that

4) Netduma doesn't do a good job in teaching us how to optimize Download and upload cap. They say if you made it 100% , it will increase latency . Humans can't to figure out the optimized numbers.

Suggestions ;

1) search for nearby matches. In advance

2) allow users to block all hosts by one click / allow force host

3) Disable Firewall if it does exist

4) Optimized FTTP

5) optimized download / upload cap depending on the speed

The router is outstanding . It exceeded my expectations.

All the features are very solid and can inhance our experience of gaming .

These are the only issues that I can come up with

Thanks for making this router.

I don't think that force host is a real option to be honest. Towards the end of COD4 which was player host it could take ages to get a host because people would join a lobby, realiose that they were not listed at top (therefore not host) and back out and try again till they got host. Also I think it would probably be against the terms of service for the consoles and the game manufacturers.

As for optimising the down and up cap in the congestion control, you can start with setting it to 70% each way and then tweak / adjust it to get the best settings for you. It will all be dependent on many different factors and what works for one person will not work for another. I am sure it will be well worth the investment in a little testing to optimise this to your own connection.

If you are getting a ping of less than 75ms to a host then I would say that your games should play OK, I am in the UK and play blops 3 with friends in the USA where they host and I get 120MS plus and have no problems really, just the odd laggy moment but I have topped the leaderboards on occasions.

If you have anymore specific issues please add them and I am sure people will help you out as much as they can. Cheers.

• Administrators

The function of the router is not to force yourself host all the time, so that is your workaround to try and force that, in which case that will result in waiting longer for matches.

For your speeds all you need to do is:

• Input your speeds into bandwidth settings
  • Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

We cannot control other peoples connections.

Disabling the Firewall wouldn't give you a better gaming experience.

All devices need to be connected to the R1 then all you need to do is change anti-flood to 70/70. This is mentioned on the support website as well as automatically changing to those settings when you load a profile. 

I'm not sure what you mean by searching for matches in advance.

If you literally blocked everyone you wouldn't get a game.

Archived