Titanfall 2...

DARK BAWGS

I thought "1" was terrible and gave it up pretty quickly; now it seems like they are trying to pump up a "new version" with a single player campaign and supposedly some major enhancements.

Anybody have thoughts on this and will you get it; for which platform?

DB

I thought "1" was terrible and gave it up pretty quickly; now it seems like they are trying to pump up a "new version" with a single player campaign and supposedly some major enhancements.

Anybody have thoughts on this and will you get it; for which platform?

DB

First things first...Welcome Back DB.  I hope you're healing up well..and now...How dare you DB?!?  LOL  TF 1 is fricken awesome. Take back your slanderous statement!  I would obviously be the wrong person to talk to about this because our opinions on the first one differ so greatly.  I play on XB1, I've pre-ordered and I'm taking the drop date off from work. Now you know where I'm coming from...lol  Besides the single player campaign, they are adding some really cool modifications including a knee slide and a grappling hook also a lot more player/titan customization. 

As far as console or pc... it's the same old battle there.  I have seen some really difficult movement accomplished with the mouse and keyboard, but the good console players make the parkour look easy also.  There are hacks in the pc version which would really get under my skin if I had them happening to me on console.  so there's that to consider

This channel has some good information on the new game:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk451JfxF8W_yic6DwEURg

First things first...Welcome Back DB.  I hope you're healing up well..and now...How dare you DB?!?  LOL  TF 1 is fricken awesome. Take back your slanderous statement!  I would obviously be the wrong person to talk to about this because our opinions on the first one differ so greatly.  I play on XB1, I've pre-ordered and I'm taking the drop date off from work. Now you know where I'm coming from...lol  Besides the single player campaign, they are adding some really cool modifications including a knee slide and a grappling hook also a lot more player/titan customization. 

As far as console or pc... it's the same old battle there.  I have seen some really difficult movement accomplished with the mouse and keyboard, but the good console players make the parkour look easy also.  There are hacks in the pc version which would really get under my skin if I had them happening to me on console.  so there's that to consider

This channel has some good information on the new game:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk451JfxF8W_yic6DwEURg

;) Ok, I take it back, well some of it!  I really found TF1 pretty much the same old same old; I played on my own so perhaps that was why I found it not much fun.  Being a bit older I found that it was hard to keep up with the better players so I just never got any rhythm.  I am very tempted to get it for my XB1, perhaps you can make me feel better if we can connect.

;) Ok, I take it back, well some of it!  I really found TF1 pretty much the same old same old; I played on my own so perhaps that was why I found it not much fun.  Being a bit older I found that it was hard to keep up with the better players so I just never got any rhythm.  I am very tempted to get it for my XB1, perhaps you can make me feel better if we can connect.

I totally get how playing against other people who have mastered the movement can get really discouraging. I'm still learning and I still find myself out matched sometimes. I've played against some of the best players on console and they wipe me out. You see our a lot in cod too. There are some guys who have the craziest hand eye coordination.

Add my GT to your xb one friends list (same as my forum name). If you're interested, we can link up and play some private matches without any other players going after us. I'll teach you some cool movement techniques, and help you get up to speed. Private matches are the only real way to figure some of this stuff out.

I understand the concept and all, but I absolutely hated the minions in TF1.  I would've enjoyed 8v8 or 10v10 pilots only so much more.  I'm assuming the bots will be back in TF2.  I liked the movement system and the mechs in the game.  The aim mechanic felt a little floaty (like Destiny) for me.  I'm glad it's coming out on both consoles this year tho.  I hope it plays better on PS4 than it did on XB1.  To many frame rate drops and screen tearing.  Some more weapons would be good as well.  The game got stale pretty quick for me unfortunately.  I'll give it another crack come October though.  

I kinda wish they would've waited til March/April for release. It's something to look forward to while the fall releases start to hit their "dog days".  With the other  FPS games coming out this fall I fear TF2 will get looked over for people that can only afford one or two games.  They'll most likely go for CoD:IW/CoD4:R and BF1 first.  Especially on PS4 where those are known products.

I totally get how playing against other people who have mastered the movement can get really discouraging. I'm still learning and I still find myself out matched sometimes. I've played against some of the best players on console and they wipe me out. You see our a lot in cod too. There are some guys who have the craziest hand eye coordination.

Add my GT to your xb one friends list (same as my forum name). If you're interested, we can link up and play some private matches without any other players going after us. I'll teach you some cool movement techniques, and help you get up to speed. Private matches are the only real way to figure some of this stuff out.

I added you today will look forward to it.

Archived