Deep packet inspection limiting download speed

I'm using BT 75Mbs business broadband. If I set CC to 95% with deep packet inspection disabled, I get excellent A+ buffer bloat as measured by dslreports.com speed test, and I get about 63Mbs download speed. However if I enable deep packet inspection the download speed drops to about 55Mbs.

What does deep packet inspection actually do to the capabilities of netduma? I only really use the netduma to manage congestion control to prevent others streaming impacting gaming, and for xbox gaming, and that is only really geo-location filtering for CoD that I care about. Do I need deep packet insepction, what difference does it make? Given I can switch it off and doesn't seem to make any difference to the netduma capabilities as I use it why should I enable it?

+same question for turbo mode - when enabled this increases my download to 66Mbs without any obvious change to netduma capabilities, so why should I not enable it?

Thanks

4646825.png

Deep packet processing:   This setting enables/disables the deep packet inspection feature on the NETDUMA. This is needed for the VPN Hybrid feature and for Host Analysis for PC games. Only enable it if you primarily pc game.

Turbo mode: Allows speeds up to 300Mbps

Super Turbo mode (disables CC): Allows speeds over 300Mbps and disables congestion control.

Not sure how much benefit or if any benefit at all for anyone with bandwidth less than 300Mbps.  But you can always try it and see if you are able to get a little more bandwidth out of your device.  :)

Archived