So what can netduma users do against lag comp

I feel your pain there.  Nothing like getting killed by a ghost only to see the killcam show you running right past someone who never appeared on your screen.  Don't know if there's anything anyone can do about that

The game and the router were developed independently of each other.  I am afraid you can't do much about the situation you described beyond finding another game or temp ban that box

probably just another isp. unfortunately can't opt for fiber in my area (Dallas) stuck with U-Verse Highest package. 

The game and the router were developed independently of each other.  I am afraid you can't do much about the situation you described beyond finding another game or temp ban that box

Do you think the problem is with the ISP?  Because we have ways of checking the line quality with Ping Plotter.  Have you done any investigating on that front?

I switched from Cable to a dedicated ADSL line for my gaming and it made a WORLD of difference for me.  If you can get a clean, jitter free connection, a game like BO3 plays much, much better.

Standard DSL, copper twisted pair, but with a fiber optic overlaid backbone to create smaller pockets of customers.  The speeds aren't great, but the lack of jitter is wonderful.

It's only supplied by ISP's as there would be a massive expense and head ache to try and do it yourself. :)

As I understand it, a lot more markets are using this version versus the cost of doing a traditional over-build (like with FiOS or Google FIber).

The speeds aren't great for an entire household, I have 40d/5u and that is their top package, but for gaming it's been great.

It's only supplied by ISP's as there would be a massive expense and head ache to try and do it yourself. :)

As I understand it, a lot more markets are using this version versus the cost of doing a traditional over-build (like with FiOS or Google FIber).

The speeds aren't great for an entire household, I have 40d/5u and that is their top package, but for gaming it's been great.

I can only second what JD says,I had cable and it's notorious for having a ton of jitter,which it does.As your whole neighborhood is on the same line,with DSL (ADSL-asymmetric) meaning there will be a big difference in your DL /UL as most DL more than they UL.If you need more upstream bandwidth you could get something called SDSL (symmetric DSL) more UL than ADSL.

But since your with U-Verse I'm pretty sure you already have ADSL,I would download and run a program called ping plotter and run it a couple times a day,once at peak times for your area and again when your network is quiet and see if your line is stable.

Aside from that we all experience those COD WTF moments,no matter how good your connection is.The best thing to do is optimize your own network and the duma would definitely help with that due to all the features you get with it.But it's not gonna make it so you never have a bullshit death.

If possible i'd want to pay for a markofj connection,

Actually TheMarkofJ lives pretty close to bo3 servers thats why his ping is like in single digits. Im not sure what ISP he has but i think its Verizon FiOS.

how do you do that? isn't this game pretty much deds? 

Yes most of the games are on dedis but you can use the temp ban feature on your host filtering page,it will temporarily ban that server.

But just be aware there are several dedis in a dedi bank,so you'll have to pay attention to the ID's of each dedi.Also this doesn't guarantee you a P2P game it may just throw you onto another dedi.

Archived