The boss approved lol just a few questions

The wife gave me the go ahead to order this device with next pay check , just a few questions, I've read almost the whole forum and everyone seems to have a crazy amount of Mbps , I ATM have 30 down and 5 up , and I have the two in 1 router combo from time warner. Would it benefit me to buy a after market modem only or it wouldn't matter becasue the netduma is a monster lol. Tks guys for the info ...

Rodney (male nurse)

Yes you should be fine the WIFI on the Duma is great, all i use my main router for is hooking up to the Netduma everything else is connected to my Duma. I have seen people here with your ISP and they do say to kick it to the kerb and replace it with something decent, but i would just try with that and the Duma first. If you find it giving you any issues then get a new one ,but thats another thing the wife can moan about when she's pissed off lol :).

Yes you should be fine the WIFI on the Duma is great, all i use my main router for is hooking up to the Netduma everything else is connected to my Duma. I have seen people here with your ISP and they do say to kick it to the kerb and replace it with something decent, but i would just try with that and the Duma first. If you find it giving you any issues then get a new one ,but thats another thing the wife can moan about when she's pissed off lol :).

Haha kk tks for the info !

On the bandwidth question i have had a 6mb down and 1 mb up and now a 65 down and 19 up and the congestion control has worked perfectly on both , it just works no more lag caused by others on the network :)

Just keep in mind that wifi on Duma operates on 2 ghz only at the moment so if you sepcificly need 5 ghz freq for some device you may consider some sort of combo my slef i droped the 5 ghz as all my deveices wokrs on 2 ghz so i am fine just with duma

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks for the responses guys. You should be fine with the modem you have, the router has Internet diagnosis checks anyway which will identify a faulty modem for gaming. 

Archived