So during the game?

Murdoch

So my netduma is up and running. Open nat, everything is good, as far as I know. Have not seen much game play difference on cod aw with geo filter and ping assist on. I live in the Chicago area and I am set to around 330 miles with a 24 ping. I am using my iPad for netduma control.

My main questions are....

Do I need to have netduma open in my browser at all times?

Do I need to do a refresh when each new game starts?

Can I turn my iPad off and it will still filter everything?

If I make an adjustment do I need to refresh? Or wait?

What is the procedure?

So my netduma is up and running. Open nat, everything is good, as far as I know. Have not seen much game play difference on cod aw with geo filter and ping assist on. I live in the Chicago area and I am set to around 330 miles with a 24 ping. I am using my iPad for netduma control.

What is the procedure?

Glad you have it all working now. For the differnce in AW check your ping in game. That is what the Netduma allows you to control but as to whether you feel that is providing a better experience that can be subjective. To see the difference in matchmaking you can turn off the filter and see where games throws you by itself if that makes sense?

For your queries, I've answered in order below:

1) No

2) No

3) Yes

4) No - but if adjustment is to avoid a bad host remember you need to not be searching for 2 mins to allow anti cheat feature to expire so change can take effect and block that host (either by distance or rating)

5) not sure what you meant here. Assume in relation to procedure for changes but could tie into above.

What is the procedure?

You don't need to keep it open at all times.

No refresh needed.

It will still filter.

No refresh needed either.

The AW games have been quite messy the last couple days. Even when I pull host it's been questionable. Give it some time. You may need to adjust a couple other things. I have about 80% success with mine. My last few games were shi* though. Too tired to worry about it for tonight.

I seem to connect to a dedicated server near Chicago for 90 percent of my games with a ping around 10 and my filter set around 330 miles and still have seen many bad games the last two nights. Someone had a theory that clan wars were going on and the traffic is higher.

One last question. I have two routers, the netduma is just for the ps4. After I set up the netduma group filter page how I like it, can I than switch my iPad wifi connection over to the main router and still have the geofilter working properly? Or do I need to have it on the netduma wifi?

• Netduma Staff

I seem to connect to a dedicated server near Chicago for 90 percent of my games with a ping around 10 and my filter set around 330 miles and still have seen many bad games the last two nights. Someone had a theory that clan wars were going on and the traffic is higher.

One last question. I have two routers, the netduma is just for the ps4. After I set up the netduma group filter page how I like it, can I than switch my iPad wifi connection over to the main router and still have the geofilter working properly? Or do I need to have it on the netduma wifi?

You can switch to the other Wifi and it will work correctly :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Murdouch,

Glad you got your router. If you are getting 10ms games the game should be feeling amazing as that is pretty much the best ping you can get on the Internet.

In terms of accessing the R1 you can either just change the wifi as crossy said. Although I'd suggest having everything connect to the R1 so the congestion control can do its job. 

Archived