Problem connecting to friend

Hello all,

I am playing BO3 on PS4.  For some reason when my friend plays at his uncles house (maybe 60-80 miles from me), we cannot party up together.  If he is in a game which is joinable, i get an error.  If we invite one another to our parties, we cannot join.  The only way we can play is if I join a game then he joins that game.  He is not then put into a party with me,

During game play, I also cannot hear his mic and I don't believe he can hear mine.  When he logs in at his home, also about 60-80 miles from me, we connect fine.  I've even been able to add him to my connection list.  

Any thoughts?  His NAT at times shows moderate.  Mine is always open.  I am on a netduma, he is technologically legally retarded.  Just using the fios router.

• Administrators

I am on a netduma, he is technologically legally retarded.  Just using the fios router.

LOL!

Have you added him to the allow list again for his uncles house? His IP will be different so will need to add him again. So you should have two versions of him in your allow list.

Open NAT & Moderate NAT can connect to each other so no worries there. Suspect its just the allowing that needs to be done.

Make sure your geofilter is off and then try to party up with him. With your geo filter off you should be able to connect to each other and then add his console to your approved list on the geofilter page. Once he is added to your approved list you will be able to party like it's 1999. Be careful about who you call technologically handicapable. In some circumstances the issue might lie with you!

Make sure your geofilter is off and then try to party up with him. With your geo filter off you should be able to connect to each other and then add his console to your approved list on the geofilter page. Once he is added to your approved list you will be able to party like it's 1999. Be careful about who you call technologically handicapable. In some circumstances the issue might lie with you!

In this case both held true. He is tech illiterate. That's a fact. The other night I unchecked the enable geofilter but I probably didn't wait long enough for that to take effect. I wasn't sure if that was immediate but it didn't work.

After I posted this, I gave it another shot, this time disabling and just playing a match. Once the match was over, we were able to join up and I added him as I did for his other location. All fixed now!

Thank you!

Archived