Cloud Settings

BL4CK OPS V3TRN

Hi All ,

Something I read on our forum yesterday made me go into cloud settings and un check the auto setting and mainually input 2 for all 3 options . The results were strange ! My ping in some games was way off the map + 100 on occasion , I even had a couple of games over 8000 kilometres away which were not on a dedicated server and gave me 30ms pings with lots of American accents in the lobby so I had obviously connected across the pond . So I guess is to be expected with the earlier settings and some servers / matchmaking maybe on the wrong location etc . However during my 2 hours on the manual cloud setting whilst playing AW on XBONE The strangest thing of all was my almost perfect hit detection and a good time playing AW which had not really been the case for s while . Just thought I would share that with you guys and I will continue with this setting and see if this continues

Hi All ,

Something I read on our forum yesterday made me go into cloud settings and un check the auto setting and mainually input 2 for all 3 options . The results were strange ! My ping in some games was way off the map + 100 on occasion , I even had a couple of games over 8000 kilometres away which were not on a dedicated server and gave me 30ms pings with lots of American accents in the lobby so I had obviously connected across the pond . So I guess is to be expected with the earlier settings and some servers / matchmaking maybe on the wrong location etc . However during my 2 hours on the manual cloud setting whilst playing AW on XBONE The strangest thing of all was my almost perfect hit detection and a good time playing AW which had not really been the case for s while . Just thought I would share that with you guys and I will continue with this setting and see if this continues

Can you post up your cloud settings.  Wouldn't mind trying this.  Anything's worth a shot after the terrible lag I've been getting last few days.

Not sure about the auto cloud I've never touched it tbh just left it ticked,I did notice last night that I seemed to play on p2p host most of the night,constant 4 bar me everygame but others were obviously suffering on a 3 or 2 bar,obviously geo filter range kept me close to host

netduma was clutching up last night

Hi All ,

I started a thread in the coal mine section a few days ago in regards to old cloud data and how it was working for me at the moment.  If anything, maybe game server data needs to be re-evaluated and start from scratch again.  My thinking is this, when the duma was first released, there were a lot of misunderstandings of how to report mis located servers using the report button on the geo filter screen.  I for one was probably guilty of this too because when I use the old cloud data, servers pop up that didn't pop up with the newest update and for some weird reason, I get better game play.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Are you guys still finding older clouds working for you?

I'm pretty sure newer clouds are more accurate for sure. 

I tried it and didn't find much difference personally. The searching just connected me to the same servers but they were in an incorrect location (Washington) rather than Amsterdam.

In theory even using an old cloud shouldn't actually change which servers are available. Just some might be in incorrect location (which PA would connect to anyways) or misclassified as a normal player host (which you could still connect to but think it wasn't a dedicated server). Just thinking you are not on a dedicated server could be a placebo effect if that makes sense?

Either way if it works for some then great.

Archived