Ps4 speeds low wired

• Administrators

Hey welcome to the forum!

Input your speeds into bandwidth settings and allow it to auto set up for you. 

Make sure you're wired into the console. The speed test on that can be inaccurate, I'd do a wired speed test from a PC to the R1 to see if you get full speeds.

For DMZ you need to put the WAN IP from the duma device manager into the DMZ of your Time Warner Hub (usually located in security/firewall settings)

I try the dmz myself but i cant click on it to change it and called my internet provider but they kelt asking how come i needed to change that they didnt want to.

And yes ps4 is wired

Hello Fraser,

I'm experiencing the same problem since a few days strangely. I have the Netduma wired to a Cisco EPC3925 MODEM/Router and wired to the Duma my PC and PS4.

My PC gets the 150 mbps download and 15 upload and my ps4 only 15 mbps download and 5 mbps upload.

That is strange because it was never like this way? Can you think of something i'm missing?

The PS4 speed test is GROSSLY INACCURATE and limited by the hardware.  Therefore, you cannot use the PS4 for an accurate speed test.  For example, I have 300/20.  The PS4 is wired to the Netduma.  I have run the speed test on my laptop (wired) and consistently get the correct speeds.  On the PS4 I can get speeds from 10-95M download with 1-5M upload just by retesting it over and over within a matter of minutes.

Yeah U.K. u are correct on the measurements on the ps4, and i know that. But the last few days something is buggy. I cannot connect to a few people anymore, that's only since a few day's. The measurments stay the same whatever I do. So CC 100 or CC 10 is the same. That was never till a few day's ago. So maybe it's my ps4, maybe its my Netduma, maybe its my ISP modem. Maybe it's Call of Duty.

Maybe I missed a update somewhere I simply don't know but its different as it was before. And maybe someone had a clue or guess or point to look at.... 

I play know from January on the same settings, tried a few things and it was always working fine, but not for the last day's....

If you are playing BO3, the updates were causing problems.  Many of us were getting NAT type moderate after the update.  I had to disable UPNP and forward specific ports.  See the topic below. It may be causing problems with a few of your friends.  Also, need to ensure that they are allowed (or update their allow).

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/15763-port-forward-for-blops3-on-ps4/

Archived