FIFA PS4 - Unplayable lag with low ping (17ms)

I have been using the geofilter and ping button to try and improve my online FIFA experience. This has worked to a point.

I have recently experienced a number of games that should have been amazingly smooth (17-18ms) but these are always ridiculous slide show games in practice. A 30ms opponent is always smoother than 17ms for some reason. Like this> 

Can someone help explain why this might be?

1. What firmware version are you on? 1.03.5m
  2. What speeds do you get from multiple speed tests? 38 down 8 up
  3. What is your current setup? Sky Hub SR102 > R1 > PS4 (ethernet) PC (ethernet) Tablets (wifi) Phones (wifi) 
  4. What is your specific issue? As above
  5. Any other information (such as settings you may have previously tried). 

post-5830-0-76006300-1463073702_thumb.png

post-5830-0-05831500-1463073812_thumb.png

post-5830-0-87260900-1463074109_thumb.png

post-5830-0-33121000-1463074218_thumb.png

• Administrators

Hey welcome to the forum! So that stuttering in the video is how it appears on game?

You'll need to upgrade to the latest version 1.03.6 before I can help you further - http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11018-major-netduma-upgrade-now-available-v-1036please read the instructions carefully.

I have updated the firmware as instructed. This has not improved the situation at all. I forgot to add in my original post that I do the bufferbloat test and tweak before each gaming session.

I would go so far as to say that the ping value quoted is meaningless for FIFA. It cannot predict how smooth a game it will turn out to be. 

The video is representative of how the game plays. 

I've read a lot of posts in a few different places complaining about the Fifa servers, that they had changed their routing(?) or something like that.

As far as I can remember they were saying that some of the hops towards the end of the route that the data travels to the EA(?) servers have supposedly been changed and are now crap (and causing a butt load of problems) - I don't know what system they are referring to though, or how accurate that info actually is. But a lot of people have said it.

I don't play Fifa and I'm not on PS4 though so I can't check it myself. Any other PS4 Fifa players please let us know.

Do you play any other games where it behaves like this, like CoD where it will probably be quite noticeable?

Have you checked your line at all, to see how well it is performing?

I don't have similar problems in COD. FIFA is the only game that lags like this. 

The update to the router has made no difference whatsoever. 

How do I check the performance of my line?

download and run ping plotter, there are a ton of posts in here with the details if you need to know more info

Archived