My Situation (Help needed)

Hey all, 

I haven't bough a netduma yet because i'm not sure if it would help my situation. I'm currently living in my basement where my PS4 is located, with my router and modem upstairs essentially on the other side of the house. I have a linksys router right now, and a wifi booster to go with it, and my connection is still not that great. I'm not a tech guy, so it's hard to explain for me, but my internet works better on some games than others. For example, with NBA 2k16, the game I play the most, I can barely play online because of the connection, but on FIFA and Blops 3 it's not nearly as bad. I heard COD youtubers like Thunder speak so highly of this router, but I'm not sure in my case it would help if I couldn't plug in a LAN cable into it. So basically what I'm asking is:

- If I move my modem and router downstairs to the basement, can my parents' PC that's currently connected to both still connect to the internet? Might sound dumb but I'm not sure. 

- If I can't do that, if I buy a Netduma, would the connection for my games still be very good even if the router is located upstairs without a wifi booster?

By the way, I just connected a speed test down here, and my download speed was 41 and my upload was 25, not sure if that helps at all. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Hey all, 

I haven't bough a netduma yet because i'm not sure if it would help my situation. I'm currently living in my basement where my PS4 is located, with my router and modem upstairs essentially on the other side of the house. I have a linksys router right now, and a wifi booster to go with it, and my connection is still not that great. I'm not a tech guy, so it's hard to explain for me, but my internet works better on some games than others. For example, with NBA 2k16, the game I play the most, I can barely play online because of the connection, but on FIFA and Blops 3 it's not nearly as bad. I heard COD youtubers like Thunder speak so highly of this router, but I'm not sure in my case it would help if I couldn't plug in a LAN cable into it. So basically what I'm asking is:

- If I move my modem and router downstairs to the basement, can my parents' PC that's currently connected to both still connect to the internet? Might sound dumb but I'm not sure. 

- If I can't do that, if I buy a Netduma, would the connection for my games still be very good even if the router is located upstairs without a wifi booster?

By the way, I just connected a speed test down here, and my download speed was 41 and my upload was 25, not sure if that helps at all. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

I would move the modem and router in the basement and if they are using a desktop buy these and let them run off the powerline adapters. If they are using wifi, the netduma's wifi is pretty good. If it's not strong enough you can use the netduma as your main router and run a wire upstairs to make the linksys router into an access point.

I would move the modem and router in the basement and if they are using a desktop buy these and let them run off the powerline adapters. If they are using wifi, the netduma's wifi is pretty good. If it's not strong enough you can use the netduma as your main router and run a wire upstairs to make the linksys router into an access point.

Thanks for the response. So if I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying the netduma could provide adequate wifi for the PC upstairs if the PC has wifi capabilities built in. If it doesn't, buy the powerline adapters and connect them to both the PC and the router downstairs. Did I understand you correctly?

Thanks. 

Thanks for the response. So if I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying the netduma could provide adequate wifi for the PC upstairs if the PC has wifi capabilities built in. If it doesn't, buy the powerline adapters and connect them to both the PC and the router downstairs. Did I understand you correctly?

Thanks. 

I mean ideally you would want to keep everything wired, by running an ethernet... But a powerline adapter would be the next best thing besides wifi

Archived