Fairly dissapointed with it all.

Well. I paid 300 dollars for this, and it seems to be doing no justice. The lowest possible ping i can get is 50ms. I live in newfoundland canada, and the closest possible game is 1500km away. I know this isn't netdumas fault but im upset that my money has practically gone to waste. Black ops 3 matchmaking would 90% put me on the north new york dedicated server regardless because im so far away anyways, with or without the netdumas help. I basically bought this for proof that I have already optimized lag as far as location goes. It's not netdumas fault, kinda wish i knew before i bought it though. Regardless its stupid how nobody plays in my area anyways, i know we are really rural and not as modern as most places in the world, but come on man. Just posting this to hopefully get a miracle come my way. lol. -Brandon

That's really the game's fault for connecting people to servers so far away with such high pings. I believe the servers should have a 100ms ping limit this way everyone will have 4 bars and people from other countries won't be forced to play on terrible ping. That would enabled those people to use a P2P player pool... But this game doesn't care, it will always connect you to a server no matter what you do, which makes P2P lobbies almost impossible to find/fill up.

Anyone that lives near a dedicated server are really lucky, which is literally everyone besides me lol

Not necessarily, I tend to lag more on servers that I ping 12ms to... At least to the servers here. Maybe due to the higher population here versus the mid-west servers I like better.

You shouldn't be disappointed though, if you live in a house that has multiple people using the net while you're gaming this router still has many advantages to stop them from using up all the bandwidth and making you lag.

50ms of ping isn't really all that bad. I used regularly play on earlier cod games at 75-100 MS ping. Not ideal but not too bad.

During AW I turned off my geo filter and I got connected to a Host in Mexico with a ping of 800+MS. That filter got slapped back on straight away.

As mod box has said the R1 also offers ways to help when you are gaming online.

Have you tried using the Ping Assist feature to try and find hosts below a certain threshold?

Have you got Hyper traffic set up and what are your anti-flood settings?

Have you tried adjusting congestion control sliders to get the best bufferbloat readings.

Checked with pingplotter to make sure your ISP line is good with no faults?

Archived