Joining friends parties

SKiTzOxMAC

Yesterday was the first time i joined a buddies party to play a few games on Cod Aw and it was hard for me to join them unless i turn off ping assist and widen the radius of my geo filter. Is their an easier way to join them that i dont know yet? Plus the guy i joined who is really good had a bad game which hardly ever happens. Is it because i joined him and my settings aren't set right? I'm in Hawaii btw and he's in Texas.

• Netduma Staff

Yesterday was the first time i joined a buddies party to play a few games on Cod Aw and it was hard for me to join them unless i turn off ping assist and widen the radius of my geo filter. Is their an easier way to join them that i dont know yet? Plus the guy i joined who is really good had a bad game which hardly ever happens. Is it because i joined him and my settings aren't set right? I'm in Hawaii btw and he's in Texas.

Ok, the answer to y9our first question. Yes there is an easier way to join him without having to disable your GeoFilter. When he is in your game (a private match or lobby with only you two in it) click on his circle. Then drag the rate bar to 100% and click update. This will mean you will always be able to connect to him even if he is outside of your GeoFilter.

Answer to your second question:

Where are the hosts that you usually connect to? Maybe you should put your home location where he is and set the GeoFilter to 1000km or something like that so he gets good games - you probably won't notice the difference because he is "close" to you in terms of the closest land mass (or at least thats what I saw on google maps, lol). You will probably just need to move your home location round and experiment with different GeoFilter settings when playing with him so that you both have good games :)

Do you think this work for over seas.. I play with a lot of mates over seas and i'm in the usa (boston)... I'm curious to see if they start getting better plays as well.. I'm pretty sure I'll suffer but I'm willing to be a team player for them.

• Netduma Staff

Do you think this work for over seas.. I play with a lot of mates over seas and i'm in the usa (boston)... I'm curious to see if they start getting better plays as well.. I'm pretty sure I'll suffer but I'm willing to be a team player for them.

If your playing with other people then you might have to move your home location so your in the middle of you all and then search for a game (if it is possible to be in the middle of you all). The you can all get evenly games :)

Crossy another question, when moving location, do you have to have the geo filter circle around where you live as well? or can I just move my location to another location and just have it circle in that location without it reaching your home location? hope you understand

Guest Netduma Fraser

Crossy another question, when moving location, do you have to have the geo filter circle around where you live as well? or can I just move my location to another location and just have it circle in that location without it reaching your home location? hope you understand

Hey AOrtiz, to answer your question you can put your home location wherever you want. Where you actually live does not need to be included in the radius. For example, I live in London, England. I have put my home location in America and successfully connected to just American hosts. Obviously, having the home location somewhere you can still get decent games is advisable :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

Damm... I've been including my home location in the radius... I'm such a dumb ass lol

It's not dumb at all. Home location does kind of imply to put it where you live. We just try to give you as much control as possible to get the best games so moving your location to avoid a dedi for example is something you can do :)

Archived