Netduma R1 as my main router on Verizon Fios?

I have had my New Netduma R1 since Tuesday and I did the quick setup threw the Actiontec router/modem with dmz host. All the device are run threw cat6 to the R1 and cat6 to the Verizon Actiontec router/modem. I have TV, Internet and phone service with 75/75 and a lot of devices in my home connected to the Internet. During peak hours or rainy days I'm still getting a slight bit of lag on my Xbox one when I'm on BO3. The port forward setting are keeping my nat type open. I know how to set it up threw the ONT and it will be a major setup process for me to get all the devices setup from my Actiontec to the R1. What I trying to find is if it is worth it. Is the Netduma is able to mange all my device, have good range on the wifi and stop the lag or should I keep it setup the way it is currently? If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

I have Fios 50/50 and my lag seems to be worse on rainy days as well.  I have my R1 connected straight to the ONT and have over 25 devices on it.  I have not had any issues with the R1 being able to handle the network. When I was using the R1's wifi, I had no issues with signal strength.  I had wifi 200 feet away from the router in my back yard.  I ended up taking an my old router and making it an access point for it's dual band wifi and turned the wifi off on the R1.  

When I took the Actiontec out of the equation my base ping dropped from 30-35 to 20-25ms.  so It was good, but not life changing

If I were you I would not undergo the hassle you're anticpating by re-doing your network to be direct to the ONT.  A lot of the lag you may see in BO3 is something  neither you nor the R1 will have any control over.  You could lose your caller id and tv quide by taking the VZW router out of the equation

Sounds good, thanks for the advice. I'll try make a few more adjustments to my settings and if that doesn't work then I will go all out early one saterday morning and go for the switch to ethernet from my ONT to the doctor the bridge setup were I will still have to use the Actiontec for my STB'S but the Netduma will run the rest of the network. I'll let know how it goes in a few days. Thanks again I really appreciate it.

Sounds good, thanks for the advice. I'll try make a few more adjustments to my settings and if that doesn't work then I will go all out early one saterday morning and go for the switch to ethernet from my ONT to the doctor the bridge setup were I will still have to use the Actiontec for my STB'S but the Netduma will run the rest of the network. I'll let know how it goes in a few days. Thanks again I really appreciate it.

No problem bro, glad to help. Let me know if you have any more questions

So in my current configuration I keep having this problem were the Netduma more or less slows to a crawl and it will not let me access the software page and if it does let me it just buffers indefinitely. I have to reboot both routers and when I tried to give it a static ip it completely blocks all Internet to all my devices connected threw the Netduma. Any suggestions on what I should do. I have looked at other post and tried three or four different things but for some reason it only seems to make things worse. My next step will probably be to factory reset the Netduma and start over or worst case get set for it to be primary and the Actiontec to be setup for the STB'S. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So in my current configuration I keep having this problem were the Netduma more or less slows to a crawl and it will not let me access the software page and if it does let me it just buffers indefinitely. I have to reboot both routers and when I tried to give it a static ip it completely blocks all Internet to all my devices connected threw the Netduma. Any suggestions on what I should do. I have looked at other post and tried three or four different things but for some reason it only seems to make things worse. My next step will probably be to factory reset the Netduma and start over or worst case get set for it to be primary and the Actiontec to be setup for the STB'S. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been having the exact same issue the past 2 days!! wonder what is going on. I have fios 150/150

I have the same setup as "Nasty" FIOs TV internet phone 75/75. I have the better setup that uses a Cat wire from my ONT to my Actiontec, which I upgraded to copper Cat6, along with the wire(s) from my Actiontec to R1 and to my consoles (PS3, PS4). A while back when I first got my R1 I disconnected the Actiontec and tried using the R1 as my "main" modem and ran the Actiontec "off" it. my TV guide still worked by my speed was all over the place. Currently I run ONT Cat6wire to the Actiontec to a DMZ'd R1 VIA Cat6 wire and off that my consoles VIA Cat6 wire. When I run internet diagnostics I ping 4-6ms, which is amazing. In my Actiontec I changed my DNS to the Google ones (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4), even though they say that does nothing to internet speed or quality. In the Misc settings ont he R1 I have "enable uPnP" ticked (on), I have the R1's uPnP also "ticked". Even thought he R1 is in a DMZ off the Actiontec I still let it open ports on the Actiontec. I been hearing A LOT about "bufferbloat" over the last year, where your packets "info" are "on hold" in your network waiting to go out "upload" or come back "download". In DSLreports.com/speedtest you can check for bufferbloat and using Congestion Control and Algorithm you can fix it. I use 70% for UL and DL I can get a A or A+ for Bufferbloat and A to A+ for Quality. Please keep in mind that Verizon is also on strike right now, their network could be going through some stuff right now. Also COD is a dead horse, the R1 doesn't fix the wound, it stops the bleeding, yes at times your gonna get a nice connection, and other times your gonna have to deal with it. I found another nice little "helper" with the R1 though with lag "help".  On the bottom of the Congestion Control page you'll see "hyper service" COD LOVES port 3074 udp and tcp, according to Activision's site. So in Hyper Service, find your console, then click advanced, not PSN network, and use 3074 for both source and destination and both UDP and TCP. Let me know how you make out.

No problem, I was going back and fourth with a few R1 users on Twitter about the 3074 in Hyper Traffic and it helped their games

KAC, do you have hyper traffic enabled for your console and an additional service set up for 3074?

I just have port 3074UDP and TCP in Hyper Traffic, not PSN. 

This is from Sony's site

The port numbers for PSNSM servers used for this are TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480, 5223, 8080 and UDP: 3478, 3479.

The 3074 port is used for COD, and on Activisions site it says use BOTH udp and TCP. When I have uPnP enabled my console opens 3074udp, thats where I started "messing around" with that port. The Bufferbloat also helped clean up my connection too.

Whats a weird way to tell if I have a "good" connection isn't just using BO3's connection meter under options, making sure that is flatlined, no spikes. Another way in game is find a enemy scorestreak such as a guardian or sentry gun, empty your gun into it and just the sound, you can tell all your shots are registering, sometimes you will empty full auto shots into it and only like 50-75% of your bullets are "registering".

Archived