Netduma wont let my modem connect to the internet

My netduma wont let my modem get a green solid internet light but when i just use my modem without the netduma everything seems to work normally

And when my modem is connected to the netduma i dont seem to get a green light on the internet light on my modem instead i get a red light on my modem

You have PPPoE connection type?If yes i think you must put your modem/router to bridge mode and then Netduma in tab WAN put username and password provided by your ISP ....so Netduma will make the connection and not your modem/router.

So you have a few options.  1. Place the Netduma router in the TG587n's DMZ.  2. Bridge the TG587n with the Netduma (basically turning off the router component in the combo unit and letting the Netduma handle the routing capabilities. 3.  Purchase a compatible modem for your ISP, which some ISP's don't allow this. I am with a company called Comcast(cable internet company) and we can purchase our only modems.

My modem router is from my isp provider and i will try dmz if i can find it on the modem but if it doesnt have it ill try bridge mode cause i know it has that but i dont know what to put on bridge mode what should i actually type in

Is this you modem router combo? If so here is a user manual link. http://setuprouter.com/router/technicolor/tg587nv3/manual-1250.pdf

Sorry I know what to do just not specifics. Maybe someone on this forum that has the exact model as you may be able to help. I'll keep researching. From what I have been finding it is going to be better for you to bridge you modem and the netduma. And it may be as simple as accessing you modem from a web browser on a hardwired computer and enabling bridge mode and then rebooting everything so that they connect to one another but I can't guarantee this.

Just to add to what Buck said... some modem/router combos don't have a true bridge mode they have what is called a passthrough mode with is basically the same thing just configured differently.

I'm sure someone that has the same combo or is familiar with the ISP will chime in to get you squared away.

Archived