Need a little help

Clinton92

Hi everyone

I have a tp link 8980 connected to the Duma. I've disabled the dchp on the tp link, but as soon as I do it I have internet for 2mins and then it all disconnects. Then I have no access to the net, I don't understand why this is happening when the Duma has it's own dchp server. If anyone can help me out so only the Duma dchp is running . Would be greatly approciated

I have at my old router nothing changed except DMZ or EXPOSED HOST. Just connect the NETDUMA to a LAN port on your router, put the old router DMZ or EXPOSED HOST for an open NAT TYPE. So it worked for me.

greetings SaAlWe

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Clinton,

Just to be clear you have:

mode <-> tp-link <-> r1 <-> all other devices

If so you make sure you didn't disable DHCP on the r1. Go to "settings > LAN" and make sure DHCP is enabled.  With From/To set to 100 and 250 respectfully and lease time to 12 hours. Then click apply.

Yes BOV is right, i have a two router set up you do not disable dhcp on either router.

Cheers for the heads up. Also just wondering why doesn't the duma show, up in the dchp client list on the tp link ?

• Netduma Staff

Cheers for the heads up. Also just wondering why doesn't the duma show, up in the dchp client list on the tp link ?

Have you enabled static IP in the WAN settings of the R1? (see below)

a02893ec0958288e5ded53d4517977fa.png

If you are then I don't think it will show up in the DHCP client list because it isn't a DHCP client, it is assigning itself an IP.

Ok :) In that case not sure why it doesn't show up. Do other devices show up in there?

not to sure haven't tried any other device. What if I plug another device into the tp link and it shows up. What could bebcausing the duma not to show.

• Netduma Staff

not to sure haven't tried any other device. What if I plug another device into the tp link and it shows up. What could bebcausing the duma not to show.

Have you assigned it a static IP at all? For example through the interface of the tplink?

Have you assigned it a static IP at all? For example through the interface of the tplink?

nah no static ip assigned at all. I plugged th laptop up to the tp link which showed up in the dchp then so did the duma. So I unplugged the laptop dchp page refreshed then the duma dissappears ?

Archived