Host filtering does not work right

So you have Ping Assist outside of your Geo Filter set to 40ms, and you have a Geo Filter range of 1124KM, where you will accept any host unless they have been Temp Banned or you rated a P2P player low?

Are the lobbies INSIDE your Geo Filter when this happens?

If so, the router is working exactly as intended.

Also can you define: FIX?

Do you only want to connect to games of 40ms or less?  Or do you always want to just connect to hosts inside the Geo Filter?  Please elaborate.

Okay, in that case you settings are a bit off, but the router is working correctly.

If you just want to join 40ms or LESS games, load the COD Ultimate profile, or do the following.

Place your home in the middle of the ocean with a very tiny geo filter.

Make your Ping Assist meter read 40ms (if you want 40ms to be the high end of acceptable, 50 if 50ms is acceptable and etc).  NOTE:  This will be based on your base ping, so if your base ping is 40, you may not find many games.

Wait 2 mins for the setting to take hold.

Join Match.  This may take up to a couple of minutes to find the first lobby.  When it does join, you should be getting games OUTSIDE of your Geo Filter, but UNDER the 40ms set by your Ping Assist meter.

Does that make sense?

So you have Ping Assist outside of your Geo Filter set to 40ms, and you have a Geo Filter range of 1124KM, where you will accept any host unless they have been Temp Banned or you rated a P2P player low?

Are the lobbies INSIDE your Geo Filter when this happens?

If so, the router is working exactly as intended.

Also can you define: FIX?

Do you only want to connect to games of 40ms or less?  Or do you always want to just connect to hosts inside the Geo Filter?  Please elaborate.

I thought that when you set your ping assist, it was set within your geo filter and filter range and not on the outside of geo filter. Sorry, I'm new to this Netduma router.

I thought that when you set your ping assist, it was set within your geo filter and filter range and not on the outside of geo filter. Sorry, I'm new to this Netduma router.

Hi Reyster,

No need to apologise.

Dillinger is right, it sounds like it's working perfectly but you have slightly misunderstood how it works (I did exactly the same at first).

The ping assist will allow exceptions to the geofilter, so you'll connect to games within the geofilter OR games with a ping at or below the 'ping assist' value.

If you only want games within your geofilter you need to set ping assist to '0'.

If you only want games below a certain ping then you need to do what Dillinger said and put the geofilter in the ocean and pick a 'ping assist' value based on your 'base ping +10ms to 20ms', then the host will only be picked by the 'ping assist' value.

If you find you're not getting games then you should either increase the geo circle or the base ping (or both if you are using both).

Archived