Settings - 2 PS4 consoles on the same network

Hey guys, I've been using the Duma to play Black Ops 3 multiplayer for PS4 since last December. My wife and I play the game together just about every day so we have TWO PS4 consoles hard wired into the Duma which is connected to our Verizon Quantum router. We have the Duma setup in the DMZ of the Verizon router like instructed. We live in Pennsylvania (US) and pay for 75mbps download & 75mbps upload speeds with Verizon FIOS. I've done speed tests on my PC while hard wired to the Duma and confirmed that we are definitely getting those speeds if not sometimes as high as 85 down/up.

Question: I've done a lot of searching on this forum before posting this and couldn't find any mention of this so what I wanted to know is there anything different I should be doing with the Duma settings for my situation? I ask this because I noticed a major improvement when using the Duma in how fast and smooth the gameplay is when I'm the only one playing but when we both play together in a party the connection seems to be very inconsistent. I am on the latest 1.03.6g version. I have both of our consoles added to the Geo Filter with the obvious PlayStation Network option and both are enabled. We generally play with the GF radius set around 650-800miles and the PA anywhere between 40-50ms but I've tried decreasing the increasing the range as well. I have our bandwidth set to 75mbps down & 75 up and both sliders set to 70%. We only have about 4 other devices in the house and all are either hard wired into the Duma or on the Duma wifi but when we're both playing typically we don't have any other devices active that would take up anymore than a 1-2mb of additional bandwidth anyway. We mainly play with the reactive algorithm but have also tried preemptive. I generally keep the CC flower so everything is shared even and the share excess is always ticked/enabled. Since getting the latest update a month or so ago I've gone in and added both consoles to the hyper traffic. We've tried playing with and without the consoles added to the hyper traffic as well but still have the same issues with inconsistent lag and jitters. For the misc settings I have UPnP enabled (enabled in the actual UPnP setting as well) and I've tried the deep packet processing ticked and unticked. Most of the time one console gets the Open NAT and the other gets the Moderate NAT but sometimes we both get Moderate NATs. I've tired the ipv6 all enabled and all disabled. I don't have any turbo mode options enabled either.

I hope that covers everything and sorry for the novel but just wanted to make sure you guys had as much detail about my situation and settings. I'm a pretty tech savvy person but I work in the Software Development world so I'm not an expert in networking but understand it enough that I'm not afraid to get in there and try different things with this Duma and for some reason I can't seem to pinpoint the issue for the life of me we get when we're both on playing COD together. Any ideas?

Hey guys, I've been using the Duma to play Black Ops 3 multiplayer for PS4 since last December. My wife and I play the game together just about every day so we have TWO PS4 consoles hard wired into the Duma which is connected to our Verizon Quantum router. We have the Duma setup in the DMZ of the Verizon router like instructed. We live in Pennsylvania (US) and pay for 75mbps download & 75mbps upload speeds with Verizon FIOS. I've done speed tests on my PC while hard wired to the Duma and confirmed that we are definitely getting those speeds if not sometimes as high as 85 down/up.

Question: I've done a lot of searching on this forum before posting this and couldn't find any mention of this so what I wanted to know is there anything different I should be doing with the Duma settings for my situation? I ask this because I noticed a major improvement when using the Duma in how fast and smooth the gameplay is when I'm the only one playing but when we both play together in a party the connection seems to be very inconsistent. I am on the latest 1.03.6g version. I have both of our consoles added to the Geo Filter with the obvious PlayStation Network option and both are enabled. We generally play with the GF radius set around 650-800miles and the PA anywhere between 40-50ms but I've tried decreasing the increasing the range as well. I have our bandwidth set to 75mbps down & 75 up and both sliders set to 70%. We only have about 4 other devices in the house and all are either hard wired into the Duma or on the Duma wifi but when we're both playing typically we don't have any other devices active that would take up anymore than a 1-2mb of additional bandwidth anyway. We mainly play with the reactive algorithm but have also tried preemptive. I generally keep the CC flower so everything is shared even and the share excess is always ticked/enabled. Since getting the latest update a month or so ago I've gone in and added both consoles to the hyper traffic. We've tried playing with and without the consoles added to the hyper traffic as well but still have the same issues with inconsistent lag and jitters. For the misc settings I have UPnP enabled (enabled in the actual UPnP setting as well) and I've tried the deep packet processing ticked and unticked. Most of the time one console gets the Open NAT and the other gets the Moderate NAT but sometimes we both get Moderate NATs. I've tired the ipv6 all enabled and all disabled. I don't have any turbo mode options enabled either.

I hope that covers everything and sorry for the novel but just wanted to make sure you guys had as much detail about my situation and settings. I'm a pretty tech savvy person but I work in the Software Development world so I'm not an expert in networking but understand it enough that I'm not afraid to get in there and try different things with this Duma and for some reason I can't seem to pinpoint the issue for the life of me we get when we're both on playing COD together. Any ideas?

Very interesting post.

I've got the same issue for one of my friend and for the moment, there is no answer.

Yeah it's pretty frustrating to say the least but I'm not ready to give up on it. Just want to know if there is any settings that I should or shouldn't be using based on my situation.

I thought that someone else had this issue before and they assigned the console that had the moderate NAT a static IP.IT might be worth a shot assigning a static IP to both of them and manual port forward on both.

Not saying this will solve your issue but might be worth a try.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

For the Geo-filter you only need to have one PS4 enabled as you're both in the same house. Have the party leaders PS4 as the one that is enabled. 

Firstly ensure the R1 is in the DMZ of your ISP hub. Turn off any UPnP/port forwarding in your ISP hub. 

It does open the ports automatically. If you look at the network settings for both console, they should both read open (NAT type 2). I believe the BO3 is either incorrect or we're blocking a NAT server (doesn't mean you don't have an open NAT just means it can't detect you actually have an open NAT correctly). 

Disable UPnP on the duma. Set a static IP for each console in DHCP lease then port forward to each device according to: 

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Ports-Used-for-Call-of-Duty-Games

Archived