Does Netduma's WiFi Suck?

I'm trying to watch a video on my iPhone and it stutters every few seconds. The stutter annoyed me so I decided to download the video (388 mb) instead but what I got doing that is even slower. 300 kb per second. WTF. I boosted my iPhone's speed to 80% with that congestion control thingy and it didn't do jack. I checked my internet speed and it said 188 down and 100 up. You can't tell me my internet is the problem. It's either YouTube is running like dog shit right now or the Netduma's WiFi isn't that good. Or it might be that my device is outdated. (iPhone 5)

Are there any other devices broadcasting a Wi-Fi network? Make sure the only network broadcasting device is the R-1 router.

Also you might want to try resetting your network settings on your iPhone device under General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

"Are there any other devices broadcasting a Wi-Fi network? Make sure the only network broadcasting device is the R-1 router."

If this is what you mean, then yes

rVZl1ZK.jpg

Those are not from my house. They're most likely from my neighbors'

"Also you might want to try resetting your network settings on your iPhone device under General>Reset>Reset Network Settings."

I just did. Nothing changed. This is frustrating

You maybe using a congested WiFi channel.

How to find the best channel http://www.howtogeek.com/197268/how-to-find-the-best-wi-fi-channel-for-your-router-on-any-operating-system/

You are using apple which do not have a good tester so if you do not have another device listed in that article I would say trail and error by trying the different channels and also using WPA-PSK2 as the security mode.

Archived