Bad Wireless

Hi all...

My firmware is 1.03.6g, I am running 50d and 5u, and my setup is ISP modem (Arris TG862)>R1>Xbox One.

My problem is that the wireless on the R1 is very inconsistent and I keep having to recycle the power on the router.  I was wondering if I could use a regular wireless modem and run the R1 off of it?  I think that I have enough speed that not being able to use the anti-flood would really make a difference.  I am not the most technical savvy person in the world so every little bit of info would be greatly appreciated.

If you have a wireless router, perferebly a wireless 2.4/5ghz ac router lying around you could just connect it to the R1 and use it as an access point.  Thereby having all  the capabilities of the R1 and wireless speeds 2.4ghz/5ghz. Hope this makes sense.  

If you do this make sure your turn the wireless off on the R1 and just just the wireless on the access point router.

• Netduma Staff

That makes sense.  How would I control the bandwidth usage for the Xbox without effecting all of my other devices?

If you put it into AP (access point) mode all the devices will appear as normal on the Netduma. You could also try disabling wifi workaround in Settings >> Miscellaneous and using a wifi channel analyser to select the best channel.

So if I put in the other router, I should put the Netduma first and then the other router?  I could then control the bandwidth to the Xbox from the other router and I can still use all of the geo filtering and congestion control?  I play a lot of BO3 and I'm sure you've heard about the lag comp issues....  I did throttle back the connection to the Xbox from the Netduma and my game play was so much better.  I thought maybe it was in my head so i showed my wife how to make the changes and told her to pick a random day to change everything back to normal but not to tell me.  We did this 3 separate times and I was able to tell her each time she did it so I know there is something to this.

Yes if you place the R1 as your primary router you will be able to control bandwidth to each and every device on you network.  And now with the newest update to the R1 you can control upload and download independently to every device as well.  

qEsrUON.png

Archived