BT set up

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't want to tell you to suck eggs but re-name the Wi-fi to anything like "NetDuma" and as a test just keep password simple like 12345. Then that will rule out typo.

Can take a couple of minutes as well.

:)

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hi got my r1 router today can someone please  tell me what is the best setup for bt fibre optic with home hub 5?Would it be better to connect with modem and skip hh5?

Yes youre exactly right. You can upgrade to a new version by going to http://www.netduma.com/upgrade and following the instructions. The new upgrade has an option for PPPoE in the settings.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Problem is I don't have modem  so is it worth to buy one just to make it better?

whats your setup normally? wall > white box > hub? 

No box on the wall the hh5 connects to? Then yes youll need to use the hh5 still.

actually it is small white open reach box attached to the wall i just thought its socket.So can i just enter wan settings  in r1 and skip hh5 ?

Guest Netduma Fraser

actually it is small white open reach box attached to the wall i just thought its socket.So can i just enter wan settings  in r1 and skip hh5 ?

Yep! You can do the PPPoE once youve upgraded the R1 and yeah skip the hh5. 

Some HH5 installs don't have a modem as the HH5 is a modem / router. If you don't have a modem it's not worth buying on seperately.

I'm on HH5 and I just put netduma in DMZ and working great since launch. Wifi off on HH5 and let the netduma handle everything.

• 3 weeks later...

Buds,

Whats speeds do you have with BT?

Using the HH5 is it still working ok?

I had that set up and ended buying a modem then using Billion 2700n, then i removed the Billion the went Modem R1. So brought the Billion back into loop which won't work now, so was thinking about going back to HH5 set up....... :)

Hi Gveir,

When i got my R1 i set it up in the DMZ and it worked fine but i suffered from some connection drops and the speed was up and down like a whores draws (This was caused by the HHU5 as it was doing it before i got my R1).  I got myself a modem from eBay for about £12 delivered and it was well worth the money

No connection drops since this has happened and I have noticed my speed seems to be nearer to the max that when on the HHU5. 

If you do get a modem keep the HHU5 should you ever need to speak to BT they may ask that you reinstall it for testing connection issues

Buds,

Whats speeds do you have with BT?

Using the HH5 is it still working ok?

I had that set up and ended buying a modem then using Billion 2700n, then i removed the Billion the went Modem R1. So brought the Billion back into loop which won't work now, so was thinking about going back to HH5 set up....... :)

I'm full sync 80/20 so get about 77 down and 18 up on speedtests etc. HH5 works fine for me but I will at some point get an unlocked modem to experiment with as well :)

I'm full sync 80/20 so get about 77 down and 18 up on speedtests etc. HH5 works fine for me but I will at some point get an unlocked modem to experiment with as well :)

Ive got the HH5 installed again as i could not watch BT T.V,  I've been fine same as  you Buds but have you got UPNP enabled on the HH5 or just on the Duma or Both ?

Ive got the HH5 installed again as i could not watch BT T.V,  I've been fine same as  you Buds but have you got UPNP enabled on the HH5 or just on the Duma or Both ?

Hi mate, I have UPNP on both the Netduma and HH5. Been that way since launch and never had a problem (touch wood). Hope it helps.

Archived