BT set up

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi guys,

I sent you guys a temporary fix, the official release is out now. If you'd like to upgrade let me know. I'm not doing a mass upgrade on this version as it only benefits a few people.

Best,

Iain

• 2 weeks later...

I also had problems setting up with BT Openreach modem. I connected everything as per instructions but I had no connection.

I connected my modem directly to my laptop and still had no connection, the only way I could get the modem to give a connection to my laptop was to create a new PPPoE connection in the Network and Sharing centre.

I then tried this method with the R1 connected to the modem but it would not give me a connection.

I plugged my previous router (Netgear Nighthawk) into the modem and connected the R1 to the Nighthawk an got a connection straight away.

Do I have to turn off any settings on the Nighthawk or do I just leave everything as it is?

pollutionblues

Can I ask if you have removed the Netgear Nighthawk and are connected just with the BT VDSL modem and the R1 after pppoe upgrade?

I have the  Billion 7800n on BT infinity 2 using BT Openreach VDSL Modem and I'm waiting for the new update so that i can take the Billion out of the equation.

:)

pollutionblues

Can I ask if you have removed the Netgear Nighthawk and are connected just with the BT VDSL modem and the R1 after pppoe upgrade?

I have the  Billion 7800n on BT infinity 2 using BT Openreach VDSL Modem and I'm waiting for the new update so that i can take the Billion out of the equation.

Hi Scythe,

Yes I have removed the Nighthawk since the PPPoE update came out. I now have just my BT VDSL Modem connected directly to my R1.

Hi pollutionblues,

Thanks for that. :)

Can I ask what connection down and up your on. I'm loosing around 15mg down and 5mg up running Master Socket - Billion - R1.

Missed to update out shopping so will have to wait until tomoz.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi scythe,

When you get the update please go to congestion control and select reactive algorithm.

If your still not reaching the max speed please select "WAN > Miscellaneous" then disable deep packet processing.

pollutionblues

pollutionblues,

Sorry bother you again.

On the WAN tab in Settings did you enter 0.0.0.0  ('0.0.0.0' means 'Obtain an IP address automatically')  :unsure:

pollutionblues,

Sorry bother you again.

On the WAN tab in Settings did you enter 0.0.0.0  ('0.0.0.0' means 'Obtain an IP address automatically')  :unsure:

Hi Scythe,

I only entered my username & password for PPPoE. Just checked my WAN settings and the only thing I have enabled is PPPoE. WAN IP, MAC address and VLAN are all set to disabled.

pollutionblues,

On my Billion I had the user as [email protected] and no password.

This what thrown me a spanner :wacko:

Again thanks for you info :)

I think i read somewhere that you can use [email protected] as your user name and ether bt or broadband as the password when setting up non BT routers. Failing that try leaving the password blank.

When I set up mine it did take a minute or 2 after entering my PPPoE details for the connection to establish.

Let me know how you get on

pollutionblues,

Thanks for your help got it working finally .

User name: [email protected]

Password: BT

Download Speed (Mbps) 75.12

Upload Speed (Mbps) 15.24

Ping (ms) 22

I completed the test 5 times over the 2 hours and averaged above speeds and pings.

Guess having the Billion and R1 together was causing the problems.

Netduma Team have created something special, AW's played a treat and had family 8 devices connect throughout gaming.  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D 

pollutionblues,

Thanks for your help got it working finally .

User name: [email protected]

Password: BT

Download Speed (Mbps) 75.12

Upload Speed (Mbps) 15.24

Ping (ms) 22

I completed the test 5 times over the 2 hours and averaged above speeds and pings.

Guess having the Billion and R1 together was causing the problems.

Netduma Team have created something special, AW's played a treat and had family 8 devices connect throughout gaming.  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

That's great news mate, pleased you got it working. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There,

My netduma has just arrived.

I tried to preemptively set it up by connecting one of the LAN ports to the ethernet port on my work laptop, and going to 192.168.88.1 on chrome.

I was going to enter the PPPoe username and password, but there was no WAN setting. I assume this is because it wasn't actually connected to the internet.

I too have a setup where I have a fibre modem currently connected to my tp link router. It's plusnet who are owned by BT.

Do I therefore need to run the netduma through the tp link, or can I now enter username and password into a wan setting tab on the netduma?

Thanks all.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Strodoggydog,

Thanks for purchasing! You need to upgrade to the latest version please follow the instructions here: netduma.com/upgrade

Above you need Internet to grab the file so I recommend you connect to tp-link as before. Download the file then connect to the duma follow the upgrade procdure. Once you're upgraded you'll have "Settings > WAN" and you can enter pppoe :)

this is such a helpful post! I was just trying to work out all of this but you did it for me thanks! I have to say this forum and customer support is amazing for a startup company!

Welcome along and glad the thread helped get you up and running :)

Got my router today I connected as per pollution blues thread on bt fibre installation modem to r1 connected my pc via wifi to r1 then type in 192.168.88.1 into browser and I get message no internet connection not very gud at this sort of thing sure it's something simple I haven't done any help please

Got my router today I connected as per pollution blues thread on bt fibre installation modem to r1 connected my pc via wifi to r1 then type in 192.168.88.1 into browser and I get message no internet connection not very gud at this sort of thing sure it's something simple I haven't done any help please

hi could you connect the pc to the R1 via a wired cable at first please 

Mark,

Switch the Wi-fi off then re-boot (switch off) R1 then switch Wi-fi back on. It worked for me as I had the same problem ;)

Scythe

All routers suffer the problem of network congestion.  By network congestion I mean there are so many other people in your street or block of units with wireless equipment and they all interfere with each other – a bit like lots of people talking together in a crowded room. This can manifest itself as reduced range on your WiFi network, a drop in speed, your wireless signal dropping out,  so try and change the channel number and forget/clear your old wi-fi connection names. :)

Scythe

Archived