Someone please help!!!

This is a desperate call for help. Ever since I purchased my Netduma I have experienced lag when using the geo filter. It is fine if I do not use the Geo filter but then what is the point in that when I purchased the Netduma to try and help with Host distance/ping.

My ISP is BT and I have speeds of 70dl 18up with a ping of around 23ms. My current settings are congestion is set to premptive and 70/70 with my xbox one added to the hyper service. UPNP is enabled. I also dont seem to get my full download speed either when connected through the Netduma with my recent speeds over the last few days being around 40dl which at first I thought might be since I set the download to 70% but obviously the maths does not add up for that to be the case.

I tried playing with the ultimate COD profile loaded but still no joy. There is like a constant jitter every few seconds when connected.

ANY HELP IS MASSIVELY APPRECIATED

Hi

And welcome to the forum, there is a thread to follow when you need help so that the Devs can get to see what the issue is.

There is a lot of help on the wiki, when you do a speed test make sure you are connected by Ethernet to a laptop, and that your CC is at 100% and your distribution is set at 100% to your laptop/PC and the do a speed test.

The game itself is very inconsistent, but with a ping of around 23 it shouldn't be the Duma that's causing the issue :)

Hi

And welcome to the forum, there is a thread to follow when you need help so that the Devs can get to see what the issue is.

There is a lot of help on the wiki, when you do a speed test make sure you are connected by Ethernet to a laptop, and that your CC is at 100% and your distribution is set at 100% to your laptop/PC and the do a speed test.

The game itself is very inconsistent, but with a ping of around 23 it shouldn't be the Duma that's causing the issue :)

Hi mate,

Yeah I know this is my first post but have been reading all around the forums before posting this and without sounding like a dick lol I have a degree in Computer Science so know a fair bit about networks but just cant shake that there is probably just one thing I am missing somewhere that would probably sort it. Yeah I have ran speed test at 100% cc and it was still giving the same speeds if slightly increased and i get full speed when connected directly to my modem. Yeah everything is connected via ethernet. Like i said i only get the constant jitter when using the geo filter otherwise its fine. It has me stumped

What version are you running ?

You should be using reactive.

Turn off deep packet in misc and ipv6 in wan and lan in the netduma settings.

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=user_manual

The latest version 1.03.6g.

I have tried reactive and preemptive and neither seemed to change anything.

Will give the deep packet and ipv6 a try now.

Cheers for response

Reactive will give you your speeds back as preemptive is conservative.

How is your connection in general how is your jitter over time testing with the Netduma network diag's or say ping plotter for a longer test.

https://www.pingplotter.com/download.html

Type 8.8.8.8 into target and let it run, only use the internet for the test do not surf or dl etc.

Hi mate,

Yeah I know this is my first post but have been reading all around the forums before posting this and without sounding like a dick lol I have a degree in Computer Science so know a fair bit about networks but just cant shake that there is probably just one thing I am missing somewhere that would probably sort it. Yeah I have ran speed test at 100% cc and it was still giving the same speeds if slightly increased and i get full speed when connected directly to my modem. Yeah everything is connected via ethernet. Like i said i only get the constant jitter when using the geo filter otherwise its fine. It has me stumped

No problem, hope you get it sorted. Zennon is pretty good at sorting Dumas issues :)

Reactive will give you your speeds back as preemptive is conservative.

How is your connection in general how is your jitter over time testing with the Netduma network diag's or say ping plotter for a longer test.

https://www.pingplotter.com/download.html

Type 8.8.8.8 into target and let it run, only use the internet for the test do not surf or dl etc.

Everything seems to be smooth now mate after disabling deep packet and ipv6.

Muchos Apreciatos Amigo

Archived