No longer able to connect to internet

Hello everyone. My netduma has been working fine for the past two days but this morning it lost connection to the internet. After troubleshooting, i received a "cant connect to dns server" message. Now i was still able to bring up the dashboard but can't connect to the internet. While speaking with Crossy, we reset the modem(Cisco brand and ISP provided) and factory reset the Netduma but still no internet. Ironically, i am able to connect all my devices to my belkin router i was using before. I had my netduma directly connected to my modem provided by my ISP. We also tried connecting my netduma to my belkin router which was connected to the modem. When this happened, the internet went down again. I also do not have a WAN IP address on the device manager page. Thank you and sorry for the long post.

• Netduma Staff

Just to add to this, when he connects the Netduma to his other router which is connected to his modem (modem >> router >> netduma), all the internet goes down like he said. I had a very similar issue of when I connected my PC to the Netduma all the internet went down. As I'm sure Iain will never forget (after many days of support) it was a dodgy ethernet cable.

lthoma89 said he doesn't have another cable to test with, but just thought I would share that it is very similar to an issue I had.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks for helping lthoma Crossy.

Lthoma can you please let me know what version it says at the bottom of any page on the R1 dashboard please.

• Netduma Staff

1.03.2 i believe. I am unable to bring up the dashboard at the moment but i recently did the update. Trying to get it back up now

Make sure that you are connected to the Netduma when you try to connect :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

On a phone or a device with wifi can you see "Netduma R1", not asking to connect to it just whether you can see it or not? 

• Netduma Staff

I pressed the res button on the back and tried to forget the network to add it again. But im getting a password mismatch error now because it changed the password im guessing.

The new password is: netdumar1

I am with charter internet and yes they provided me with the modem. I dont think i need a password because i was on for literally 20 hours friday and Saturday. Then im not able to connect this morning

• Netduma Staff

Ok, I haven't tried these steps, I can't guarantee they will do anything to help, but you might as well see if they work. These were some of the recommendations online for someone who was having a similar issue with a different router.

1. Power down the modem and netduma

2. Disconnect the coax cable from the modem and wait 35 seconds.

3. Connect the coax and power up the modem.

4. Once the modem has a solid ready light power up the router(s).

5. Try to acces the internet after 25 seconds.

I assume the 'coax' cable is the one that is the input to the modem - the analog source.

Give it a go then report back :) Hopefully it helps :/

Guest Netduma_Iain

Honestly Crossy is a legend... We are looking into perks for him for sure.

At the very least something that ends with "And all I got was this lousy t-shirt"

At the very least something that ends with "And all I got was this lousy t-shirt"

I second that!

• 2 weeks later...

[EDIT: I'm now able to get on the game without the message, I had a fiddle with the DHCP settings or w/e on the R1 dashboard but I still have no wireless at all, It use to have wireless but now it literally doesn't exist.]

I have an issue....

My Netduma now longer has wireless capabilities, I've tried everything.

My Netduma was not working with an ethernet cable for like 5days before I came to these forums to fix it. I managed to get it working ( wired ).

When I go on Call of Duty Advanced Warfare (xbox one) the "service" are not available with the ethernet plugged in. ( everything else on xbox works fine )

The instant I pull out the ethernet and it auto connects to my BT home hub everything works fine, no server problems or anything.

I'm so confused, I've literally tried everything.

Any help?

Thanks,
Dan

p.s sorry for the crappy layout of this post, couldn't be bothered to put any effort into it. If you need extra information just ask

• Netduma Staff

[EDIT: I'm now able to get on the game without the message, I had a fiddle with the DHCP settings or w/e on the R1 dashboard but I still have no wireless at all, It use to have wireless but now it literally doesn't exist.]

I have an issue....

My Netduma now longer has wireless capabilities, I've tried everything.

My Netduma was not working with an ethernet cable for like 5days before I came to these forums to fix it. I managed to get it working ( wired ).

When I go on Call of Duty Advanced Warfare (xbox one) the "service" are not available with the ethernet plugged in. ( everything else on xbox works fine )

The instant I pull out the ethernet and it auto connects to my BT home hub everything works fine, no server problems or anything.

I'm so confused, I've literally tried everything.

Any help?

Thanks,

Dan

p.s sorry for the crappy layout of this post, couldn't be bothered to put any effort into it. If you need extra information just ask

Please could you post a screen shot of the Wifi settings page of the Netduma?

Also remember that you must be using 2.5Ghz - 5Ghz doesn't work and needs to be removed.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Dan I'd disable the Wi-Fi and then do a reboot from Settings > Misc and once rebooted enable Wi-Fi and see if you are able to connect to it.

Archived