Warning - Something went wrong when trying to ping

Hi all

Sorry if everyone has heard this a million times,  i have just installed my R1 (Yeeeeahh) and ive sort out my xbox live to nat open and got cod to nat open but i just cant figure out the geo filter.  

I have done my circle around the uk and got the ping at 60 but im still getting people in france and holland joining!!!

Am i doing something wrong? 

Also, when i test the ping i get the warning message. Ive looked at my BT hub and im not in VNP ??

Please help cos ive spent all night on this and its getting me down now 

The people who join in on the game could come from all over europe. The Netduma will only make sure that you connect to a good Host, and that host will be in the area you determine. 

Oh and btw, enjoy the 4-bar fun! ;)

That is the major downfall with (what appears to be) a lack of servers in Europe.

As good as your connection to it might be, there will always be some scrubs getting in there with McDonald's wifi.

Generally if I see a Spanish / Italian clan tag then I back out - much as I like the countries and the people seem very nice, my game is instantly ruined.

Seem to be fine with the majority of other countries though, even those that are much further away.

That is the major downfall with (what appears to be) a lack of servers in Europe.

As good as your connection to it might be, there will always be some scrubs getting in there with McDonald's wifi.

Generally if I see a Spanish / Italian clan tag then I back out - much as I like the countries and the people seem very nice, my game is instantly ruined.

Seem to be fine with the majority of other countries though, even those that are much further away.

Yeah defo!

As far I know our server is in Ireland!?!? Surely we should have one in England somewhere, there are enough of us playing it!

I thought there ought to be but I've never seen it...

Follow this for ping http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_can_t_i_pingthere should be a server in England as well. Did a cloud update last night so you should see it now.

Nice one Fraser, I'll see if I can get on there rather than the Ireland dedi - assuming it's down South, I'd expect to be right on top of it !

Do we need to do anything with the cloud settings other than having them both enabled (auto + bleeding edge)?

Actually there seems to be several threads for gamertags so I'm not really sure which is the proper one - probably the one in 'Console Gaming'

• Administrators

I thought there ought to be but I've never seen it...

Nice one Fraser, I'll see if I can get on there rather than the Ireland dedi - assuming it's down South, I'd expect to be right on top of it !

Do we need to do anything with the cloud settings other than having them both enabled (auto + bleeding edge)?

Nope just auto&bleeding edge enabled and you're good to go :)

Archived