Modem>Netduma>Nighthawk Help

I want to set up my internet as below at home,

Modem>Netduma>Nighthawk

Netduma to run my PS4 via an Ethernet cable and the Nighthawk to run all other wireless devices. I want to throttle my internet to my PS4 to 128KBPS bandwidth to avoid all lag compensation in Call OF duty Black Ops 3 but will this be possible to do and then continue to run all my other devices from the nighthawk without any throttle and still achieve my current 72 MBPS?

I have no experience with the Netduma, the above was my intention when I ordered one yesterday however I'm now doubting if it's possible.

mate, search for nighthawk or netgear here in the forums. it has been discussed a few times already.

yes your corrct setup would be

ISP Modem -> Netduma -> other devices incl. Nighthawk

disable WiFi on the Netduma and put your Nighthawk in Acess Point Mode so you can then use the Nighthawks WiFi

i would also suggest to connect your PS4 directly on the Netduma and let the Netduma do all the work for you

mate, search for nighthawk or netgear here in the forums. it has been discussed a few times already.

mate, can you read the thread fully before you tell me to do what I've already said I'm going to do.

My question is if i choke the connection to my PS4 from the netduma to a 100KBPS bandwidth will that also choke to the throughput to the knighthawk down as I obviously want to continue running all my other stuff at full speed wirelessly.

As far as I am aware, to fully utilize the congestion control you will need to have every device connected to the NetDuma. I may be wrong but that is just my understanding.

With the prioritization flower you should be able to set it up to where the bandwidth going to the PlayStation is what you are looking for. And all your other devices should get full speeds. Also you have the capabilities to affect the download and upload separately to the PlayStation as well.

mate, can you read the thread fully before you tell me to do what I've already said I'm going to do.

My question is if i choke the connection to my PS4 from the netduma to a 100KBPS bandwidth will that also choke to the throughput to the knighthawk down as I obviously want to continue running all my other stuff at full speed wirelessly.

yes, i've read your thread and no, it doesn't make sense to choke your connection, that's why i said connect all devices to the netduma and let the duma do the job

I have modem-netduma-tplink. It works pretty well. And yes you can limtited your bandwith for your Ps4 and use Host Filter. You have to do some steps, i try to make it simple.

1.)put your Modem|Router in to" Bridge mode ".

2.)2nd device is R1. Make sure you set the wan IP from your Modem as static IP( wan setting).

3.)plug your Nighthawk in the Netduma. Use DHCP for the Nighthawk, not Access Point. Set the static IP of your Nighthawk in Netdumas Dhcp lease. Then plug in all other devices( in the Nighthawk included all WiFi traffic).

4.)try to forward all Ports 1-65335 for the Nighthawk on the Duma, for this you need a static ip, check upnp forwarding. Don't use upnp on the R1.

5.)for the host filter choose the Nighthawk and the Service in your case, psn network.

6.) so last step on the Nighthawk is the set static IP for the Ps4. And activate Bandwith control. I hope the Nighthawk is similar to the Tplink. I recommend not to use upnp for the Ps4, try DMZ or Portforwarding (you need static ip's), i think ps4 doesn't open all needed Ports with upnp.

5.) the very important step is to tweak your upload and download speed. Lag comp hurt those with good connections specialy COD. For me 348up and 762down works great, put i also recommend simjc74 on youtube he has alot of content for R1, TP link, and bandwith control.

Have fun and good look. And don't forget to restart your modem and and your 2 router.

Archived