Hi guys,

I recently have got my fibre optic installed and I now have around 60 mbps down and 18mbps up, The problem is I am experiencing very bad hit detection when streaming. I have my OBS settings right, I have tried both algorithms but still no joy. I have given my xbox one 56% and my laptop (witch I stream off) 36% with shared excess ticked and shared the rest to my other devices. I have changed these about but I still cannot get this right. I have also played about with my download and upload caps (currently both at 70%). I am also playing with people close to me in the geo filter with strict mode on and ping assist set to zero to keep me off the bad irish host. I was just wondering if somebody could maybe Help me out with the settings to get the most from the netduma and help with my hit detection. Maybe I am missing something here? I would also liked to note I am 100% wired always have been and my ping is a stable 18ms even when streaming, I do a constant ping test to www.bbc.co.uk whilst playing and streaming and never goes above 19ms, Another note I would like to add is I never see any noticeable lag in game or jitter, It is simply bad hit detection. Now I know alot of people will say advanced warfare in general has bad hit detection and I totally agree But this is worse than usual and I am sure I have something set up wrong.

So if somebody could please help me to optimise and get the settings right I would very much appreciate it! 

Thanks all in advanced for your time :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Pro,

Thanks for taking the time to give us all the info. I'm afraid tech support can only assist with optimising your connection. You mention that the ping is low and you're stream is working so it seems like everything is functioning correctly. We can't comment on hit detection/lag comp/gameplay etc.

I'm sure you've seen this but if you want support on lag please read the following: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=lag_support_instructions

Thanks!

Sounds like you have it set up great if ping is rock solid when streaming.

If ping is low and stable then that's Netduma working but the other factors are at play. Hopefully it improves for you soon.

Hi guys, yes I can definitely see a difference when I am not streaming even though I have more than enough bandwidth. I also am struggling to find games, constant lobby booting when streaming. very confusing I just cannot seem to get the netduma to perform consistently. My geo filter is set to 1000km (much more than i usualy do) and None of the matchmaking servers (irish, german) are showing up, there is no attempt trying to connect me to them, all i have is 1 dormant host and a little red circle with padlocks outside the filter, I have already flushed the cloud setting numerous times. still no change at all.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Pro Innocence,

Streaming will have nothing to do with lobby booting that is a separate issue. That occurs because your filter is too small, when you get booted you'll see a padlock appear that shows you where server you were supposed to be put on. I'd recommend setting your distance to 111km then pressing the snap button twice. The snap button is the one next to the home and zoom that looks like a stack with a vertical arrow.

That should resolve lobby booting, you can read more here if you like: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_am_i_getting_booted_from_the_lobby_game

Please let me know if that fixes lobby booting then we can move onto the streaming issue. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

It depends what game you're playing. We will be doing videos soon I hope if we have time. If you are playing CoD only the host has to be in the filter. It often changes host before the game starts thats why you need to keep your eyes peeled for the padlock or just use snap button twice like I do  :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Cheers Pro, only issue is its time consuming and we're all quite busy. But I will certainly try get it done next week as I'm going to stop dev for a week or so after the next update! 

Archived