Issues configuring router to work with ISP modem in bridge mode.

I posted about this months ago and I thought Fraser helped me out at first. But evertime since trying to configure Bridge  mode, and the Netduma would not work. I don't want to just set the Netduma up with DMZ in my gateway, I want the netduma to do all the routing, and I want my Xfinity gateway to just be the bridge. I just want help to get the router to work whether I have to type in everything manual or anything. Thanks

Just the Netduma going into the back of my Xfinity Gateway. After I put the Gateway in Bridge mode, the router loses internet, and when I restart it doesn't have a WAN IP any longer. It doesn't seem to recognize and apply new settings after I put the gateway in Bridge mode. 

Have you tried the clone the MAC address option? Try it. And reboot everything. See if that helps. I want to say it is under Settings >WAN MAC Address> Clone Mac.

Try using the Comcast gateway with a computer first and get all your info, IP etc and make sure it is working. Then manually put your ip address into the netduma when you are setting it up. I am certain I have a different Comcast modem than you but I had to do that just to get it working with the netduma for some reason.

• Administrators

Put into bridge mode then turn off the duma and the gateway. Wait 30secs-1min, turn on the gateway then after 30secs turn on the duma. Do you then have internet access?

Not sure if this is applicable to you but this person contacted Comcast who changed the gateway to pure bridge mode which you may need to do if you want to set it up like that http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Equipment-Modems-Gateways/Need-my-Modem-in-True-Bridge-mode/td-p/12622

That's for people who purchase the business internet services from Comcast. lol I finally got it to work, and it also changes my External IP, so that's nice, hate having the same IP for too long, gets a bit boring. But your method for me only works about a 10th of the time. I'm constantly testing and working out what settings are best for me, so I'm constantly resetting, so a lot of the time I have to use the DMZ method which I hate. But thanks again. I should be fine from here on out!

Archived